kate5kiwis: little voices in my head

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

little voices in my head

i'm hesitant to write this cos i have such a short attention span and i don’t wanna jinx it, but for the last week and a half i’ve had NO rice, potatoes, bread or pasta.
yep, i'm just eating fresh fruit and veggies and protein.
it’s the Katie Version of this, cos Mum is looking so fabulous, yes you are.
and i’m *feeling* FABULOUS.
i'm having NO carb-cravings!!!
cos they’re NO LONGER my addictions.
inches and inches are falling off my waistine.
and i’m feeling FABULOUS.

i know my general pattern is to get hungry around 11am and 4pm, and that’s when i tend to have *a treat or two or TEN for Katie* but now (for THE NEXT FOUR WEEKS at least. cos in four weeks, it’s Hubby’s Big Day. The Big Friday. Well actually Saturday is his birthday, but i know the celebrations will start on Friday.) i have The Plan:

Breakfast: Spirulina powder, juice, banana, apple all in a quick'n'easy smoothie
Lunch: little tin of tuna and handful mesclun greens, maybe a big spoonful of cottage cheese, mmmmm (not) or little handful of natural almonds.
(if i get *starving* between meals, some veggie sticks or a blade of grass while i'm watering and weeding The Garden pfffft)
Dinner: half my usual portion of whatever everyone else is eating, moins les carbs, would you like a huge salad with that?

and NO rice, potatoes, bread or pasta.
cos they’re NO LONGER my addictions.
and i’m feeling fabulous.
inches and inches are falling off my waistline.
i'm off to do my pilates.
i’m feeling fabulous.
bwahahahahahahaha X

11 Comments:

Blogger Hay said...

So, you mean to say there are other foodsbesides potatoes, rice and pasta?! What you talkin' bout Willis??
Good on ya dear friend! I'm not going to rain on your parade by mentioning my serious concerns with the exclusion of food group diets and talk about how important carbs are and some of the hideous effects of no carbs on the body.
I'll just worry quietly, here in the cheap seats....Love You xxxx

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG
LOL dont eat too much of your garden will you LOL

pleased youre feeling great :) :)

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hilarious - your garden is looking fab - had myself a yummy salad sandwich (home made bread - is that still carbs??!!, has carrots in it...), with lettuce leaves from my garden- mmm can't wait till the tomatoes are ready too :) Good for you girl, you always look fab to me anyway

x

2:00 PM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

It worked for me - 8 kilos later...I just can't seem to get my focus back - I was so strong prior to my birthday, and since the BWOF I have had absolutely NO will power(although thankfully have not put any of it back on)....maybe I will start tomorrow once I have done my food shopping.... eggs for breakfast...we'll see!

3:14 PM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

I just read Hay:O)'s comment about the no carb thing on your body - the good news is that your breakfast smoothie is full of carbs (good ones - fruit has sugar in it, and sugar is carbs) so none of the scary side effects will effect you...YAY :)

3:17 PM  
Blogger Hay said...

Lol, *holds up hands* excuse my ignorance... that's what you get for not checking your facts. I'll do that next time...or better still just shut up.
Oi! Stop cheering! xxxx

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is far more evidence to show that overweight long term is far more harmful than no/low calories short term. The trick is to lose weight however you can.
Dr Yes.

6:25 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hay
yeah, i did worry about leighleigh *and* mum and dad doing this same thing, but i really need a Kick Start (and hey, i'm scoffing the odd choc-coffee-bean... which is in the Veggies Food Group... and the Very Odd bit o' sushi)
i am such a "picker", and as the magnet my friend Nik has on her fridge says:
fridge pickers need bigger knickers
X

jen
lol at the *eat my garden* comment, i will stand waaaaay back... X

anon #1
*kate peers into the depths of the closet but cannot make out who it is that makes own bread and grows gardens full of veggies and thinks katie looks fab anyway*
thanks X

leighsie
well that's it then. we just have to organise another BWoF. maybe it could be hubby's??? although he says he doesn't want a partay, even a surprise one *shock* X

hay
please don't shush, or i'll have to throw a sheep at you. oh hang on, is this blogger or facebook??? X

anon #2 aka dr yes aka dad
yes, and i hear that you are still on the wagon>>> you guys are my inspiration for this thing, except i just planted a gardenful of taters "...what’s taters, precious?"
GO THE CARROT STICKS!!!
much love X

8:46 PM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Hate to break it to you sweets - but carrots are full of carbs...try hmm let's see...lettuce...mmmmm yum! LOL
And Hay - please don't 'shut up' - I just didn't want you to worry about Kate - as she worried about me....going full on Atkins for an extended period of time is probably not the best option for you body, as it is not something you can maintain long term...but it is a FANTASTIC kick start! :)

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Katie! :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Congrats!! I did that two years ago and intend to do it again, just to get back on track. A secret I learned was making cauliflower mashed potatoes. Cook the cauliflower, mash it add a tad of butter and milk and tada, they taste like mashed. I make it now even when we aren't resisting the carbs.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home