kate5kiwis: mother of the bride

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, September 15, 2007

mother of the bride

Julie was the first home schooler that we met when we arrived in The Sunny Bay, nearly five years ago. Hers is the House on the Hill that we can see from our place. It turns out that Julie has five kiwi kids too, one daughter and four boys (just like me!!)... two of whom are the same age as our J11 and S9... with similar personalitites. Our lads spend many happy hours roller blading, flying foxing, motorbiking and fixing stuff with Phillip and Tim.
Julie is one of those inspiring people who generously gives of her time and talents without expectation of anything in return: for the last year, she has spent hours and hours teaching J11 various piano pieces, encouraging him and playing alongside...
I've been wondering for ages, what we can give Julie to keep the global love spinning around the universe... in three weeks her daughter gets married, and so I had an *idea*...
I grabbed tons and tons of freshwater pearls from my newest fave place and sprinkled them with my signature german crystal luminescent beads,
some hawaiian pearls (which match the bride's necklace!!!), textured glass ice pearls and clear glass bicones of varying sizes to make a three-stranded Mother of The Bride necklace for Julie.
The symbolism is that on two of the strands, there are five pearly seed beads linked between the larger pearls: for her five kids. Of course, no Mother of The Bride necklace would be complete without a matching bracelet...
here we have the freshwater pearls holding hands with five seed beads in between, echoing the necklace formation.

Julie, you probably won't read this, cos you don't have the internet at your place lol... but I'm wishing you a wonderful day as you kiss your girl and watch her ride off into the sunset with her husband. I'm wishing you joy as you welcome another son into your rich, beautiful lives. Thank you for sharing yours so generously with me and mine X

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gor-gee-us! I want! :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

That is a very special gift. I'm sure she will enjoy it and treasure the thoughtful representation. Great idea!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

OMG Kate, you are sooo clever! That is truly beautiful.

I haven't forgotten my request btw. I will confirm soon!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the newest fave place, Briar is such a honey and her stuff is so gorgeous, I bought a massive stash of beads from her last year - I don't do beading at all but they were so yummy I had to have them anyway and kept going back for more lol. Maybe I can bring them over in the holidays and you can show me how to make them into something other than a bead stash? *flutters eyelashes pleadingly*

9:15 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

magic mouse
i'm sensing another *trade me* in the wind... *grin*

marie
i'm so glad julie absolutely loves it and feels very special. it's been a joy for me to be able to give *her* something.

antipo
what's french for *yippee zippee*???
all i can think of is
*fantastique* lol X

sarah
oh em gee, you have *beads*???!!!!!
lol,you know i can't resist *fluttering*... can't wait... check your email chick X

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home