kate5kiwis: little high

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

little high

the dynamics at our place always keep me on my toes.
the latest phrase at ours is *high five*.

so when someone does something funny
there's a chorus of *high five* and hands reaching to connect in midair
and when someone says something funny
*high five*

someone does something silly
*high five*
someone says something silly
*high five*

someone does something crazy
*high five*
someone says something crazy
*high five*

someone does something fabulous
*high five*
someone says something fabulous
*high five*

someone does or says something across the room
*air five*

two ever-so-lovely girlies came over yesterday and i helped them make their First Bracelets.

pearls and crystals and pink glass beads flew all over the breakfast bar and the floor as we drank coffee and lit candles and listened to brooke and chatted with fabulous kiddos...

and just look at what was created:
*high five* girls!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

I love how you can turn everyday stuff into really memorable fun :)

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like it was fun:)
love the bracelets

12:26 PM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

Looks like a fun day.

Starting home school first grade my son is getting tired of all the occasions I see for giving him a *high five* He is opting for a silent, slow motion, mid air, placing his palm upon mine instead. He much prefers a nice sticker for drawing nice letters on a handwriting page.

11:58 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

liesl
you are the sweetest. it was one of those perfect mornings, you know?? X

jen
i am so excited that the girls' First Bracelets turned out so perfectly, they were thrilled with the moment too X

marie
my little boys are *so* like that, for any school work (Real School Work, with a Pencil and Paper, lol) gets the sticker... something tangible, something special.
it's mostly my older two kids who do the *high five* thing... and it's a Family Joke, really.
have you come across the idea of Love Languages??? my *gift giving* kids LOVE the stickers.
moi, i go all gooey with the Love Letters, cos *encouraging words* is my primary love language X

11:12 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

Hi Kate,
I have read that book! It was most interesting. DH and I relate well intuitively but learning about how the kids 'read' various things is worthwhile. Come to think about it, it has been years since I've read it and maybe I should go through it again.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have something for you on my blog :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

I love saying "High Five - Don't leave me hanging!!"
And now Ems has started saying "High 5, don't leave me langling/dangling" the other day I even got..."don't leave me lingling" Grant always leaves me hanging - but Ems will run down the hall to finish the high 5!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Hi Kate,
I know what hair I want now.
check it out! Maddy.

3:31 PM  
Blogger erin said...

Those look caaaaaute!!!

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home