kate5kiwis: conversely speaking

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, June 26, 2006

conversely speaking


funny how the kids get all their *stuff* first, and mummy and daddy's wish lists seem to slide off the end of the budget..
yesterday, though, i realised that I hadn't bought myself any new shoes for about three years (oh, except my funky roxy camouflage jandals with suz in sydney last year..) and i *need* some good shoes to walk all around europe :o)

only four sleeps until *we fly out*...
(kate holds her breath)

so... hubby and I ventured into town and I tried on *every* pair of trainers in the store.
too small, too white, too padded, too flexible, not flexible enough.. (reminds me of a porridge story I know)


and then, i laid eyes on these
converse all stars.
and immediately fell in love.
of course they fit perfectly.
chocolate-brown-and-pink.
my favourite colour combination.


i feel just like (guess the disney character), "wishing upon a star"..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bee-you-tee-ful, that's so your luck - finding the *perfect* shoe when you need it!! Four Sleeps - How Exciting!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Oh, your trip sounds so fun!!!

And isn't it the best thing when shoes are cute and comfortable at the same time. Just doesn't happen that often, I tell ya!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the new shoe feeling, too. I bought shoes to wear at the hospital (needed nonskid, slip-on, non-stink if possible...) and I love them so much that I wear them even when they don't match, like I'm six years old.

They're not brown-and-pink (my fave, too!), but they're pretty cool.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I reckon your husband must earn lots and lots - yeah right!! Looking forward to walking with you as we make pilgrimage to the land of football and to celebrate the wedding of the year.
Love - F xx

8:46 PM  
Blogger Lillyma said...

Now you can be a 'boarder mama! (skateboarder, that is) ;)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

That's great that you got to get something for yourself, and that you are so happy with them!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home