kate5kiwis: On the First Day of Christmas

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, December 01, 2008

On the First Day of Christmas

we put our Homemade Christmas Story
in our entrance way

we decorated the Christmas tree

we started reading Christmas books
we did some baking
and some posting of speshal little things
(story to follow in the next few Days Of Christmas -
i don't think there will be a pukeko, but ya never know)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Hehee. I see the Charlie Brown Christmas is a favorite story in your house as well. :)

5:37 PM  
Blogger CC said...

oh, that looks wonderful.
alas, I'm never organised enough for Christmas. But also, sigh, in the past two years, I have come across info surrounding Christmas/pagan celebrations that it sure has impacted on how i feel about my once favourite celebration. I hate that feeling of "not really knowing how I feel", iykwim...
off to check out the pukeko story!

8:36 PM  
Blogger CC said...

oh, okay, got it. I was thinking you had some lovely story about it from last year.
So?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Charlie Brown always puts me in a mellow Christmas mood... :-)

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh golly.
I can see I have to avoid your blog for the next...23 days, else I may die of Christmas overdose ;)

THANKS for the HSM Singstar, Rog and I can drive the kiddos mad being Gabriella and Troy ;)

xxxx

11:09 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

teeni
oh yes - we are HUGE charlie fans! X

cee cee
lol - sorry for the confusion - my obtuse reference to the pukeko story is cos of the Days Of Christmas that are about to ensue here in The Sunny Bay! you know, on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me - a pukeko in a ponga tree etc X

steve
mulled wine ain't bad for the Christmas mood either! X

hay
ha! this Days Of Christmas buzz is really a self-persuasion to journal every day, cos i was up to blogging about once a week last month.
and - these are probably/maybe our last Homeskoolin' Christmas Days so am feeling extra nostalgic.
happy that you are lovin' HSM - Rog and I can... be... Gabriella and Troy
lol!!!!!
mwah X

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving your 'on the 'x' day of Christmas' posts... you've set yourself up for a challenge here! I'm going to be coming back and picking up fabulous ideas from you and your awesome family every day. How beautiful that you wrote your own family Christmas story.
We always pull out our collection of Christmas stories at the beginning of December too. They sit in a basket beneath the tree and the collection grows every year.
Best wishes, Sarah

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home