kate5kiwis: Another Funny Bunny Moment

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, November 14, 2008

Another Funny Bunny Moment

last night i popped into my fave taichi/pilates/yoga class at the gym, and noticed a girlfriend (who's in her early twenties) across the room - who i last saw about five years ago.

at the end of the class i caught up with her and she looked at me and shrieked, "wow!!! i THOUGHT it was you, but you look so much YOUNGER than you used to!!!!!!!!!!!"
aHA! she needs glasses.

so that's put my mid-life-crisis to bed for another week lol.

(today's random gorgeous moment)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

Love the randome gorgoeusness. Though Solla sollew is a bit like a reacurring nightmare I have sometimes...

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to say hi!:)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Friends like that should be hung onto...

8:28 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

bless that chicky babe
have a wonderful weekend beautiful
Jen

10:54 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

How mahvelous for you! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a mid-life crisis. :)

4:44 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hay
lol - it's the key-slapping slippard, i just know it! X

kaylee
hello lovey! mwah X

ateve
yeah, she is back on the christmas card list, for sure! X

jen
oh thanks! i am off on a MAMMA MIA GWoF (Girls' Weekend of Fun)!!!
back atcha! X

barb
yeah 'twas so funny,
yep, you are not alone in the mid-life crisis lol.
am convinced it's a rite of passage - and we WILL pass through it!!! X

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, a VERY gorgeous moment. And you my friend are beautiful, inside and out!
a.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love that book.

Am very envious re the comment. No-one ever says anything like that to me! Good for you - what a boost!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's coz she got older :)LOL

Ahh you always look gorgeous.

Kate

5:15 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

That is a photo to treasure forever!

Oh, you gym bunny, you.

I ran into an old friend from high school yesterday, and I was so uncomfortable with my slob-mom appearance. We were on the gymnastics team (shh -- I was better than she was) and now, she is a coach-slash-runner and I was a frump.

How many of these moments does it take to get me off the couch?

I'm inordinately proud of your dedication, Katie. Like, if you had been with me yesterday, I would have been all, "Yeah, well look at my friend, Kate, and her Gym Bunny Self. Huh."

10:16 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

andie
*singing* it takes one to know one...
mwah X

r.b.
well maybe they don't SAY it, betcha they THINK it...
mwah X

katiegirl
you crack me up!
and far out, i know i say this EVERY time, but i *loved* the latest Fractured Thoughts...

laura
the joke in our family when someone says "i ran into so and so yesterday.." is "OUCH! did that hurt?"

but yeah, i hate that i keep comparing myself to the testosterone-chick pumping it up next to me in the class this morning - i am really a Couch-Gym-Bunny lol X

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home