kate5kiwis: Voulez-vous (would yas like to...)

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, November 17, 2008

Voulez-vous (would yas like to...)

i know i've pretty much done mamma mia to a near-excruciating death this year - mamma mia, here i go again - i've seen it four times at the cinema - my, my, how can i resist ya? cos Woozie even bought the soundtrack and we've been singing - honey honey, how you thrill me, ah-hah, honey honey - and singing it - you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life - but this month's dvd release certainly called for a Girls' Weekend on our very own Greek Island!!!

here we are at Pukehina Beach -
People everywhere,
a sense of expectation hanging in the air
Giving out a spark,
across the room your eyes
are glowing in the dark

And here we go again,
we know the start,

we know the end -
Masters of the scene
We've done it all before
and now we're back to get some more
You know what I mean
Voulez-vous (ah-ha)
Take it now or leave it (ah-ha)
Now it's all we get (ah-ha)
Nothing promised, no regrets

Voulez-vous (ah-ha)

and then Margot produced her wig stash -
Tonight the Super Trouper
lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun,
Smiling,
having fun,
Feeling like a number one!!!

OH YES, "we danced on the beach, and we kissed on the beach, and DOT - DOT - DOT!!!!"
(guess the movie line - absolutely no clues needed for this one - oh and just jokes about the kissing lol)

16 Comments:

Blogger Ardern said...

Yeah we kissed on the beach and dot dot dot, ummm, I dont think anyone dot dot dotted on the beach did they? Ok, so there wasnt any kissing either, just some boob and hip bumping! Oh, actually, that sounds bad too.....

11:04 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Beautiful fun and a beautiful day. It's snowing here!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast.

I really want your friends (Ang's) Tee. The orange one with the peace sign. Right now.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Can you believe (and I am soooo ashamed to admit this in present company) that I only saw the movie for the first time this weekend? I always knew I would love it but I really wanted to watch it with my hippy chick of a seventies little sister. We went away for the weekend and we watched it and we screamed and sang until Jono came home and said "You lot are soooo embarrassing... I can hear you down the street!" Even my square of a BIL who I love dearly was joinging in...

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kate

how much fun did that look!!!! By the way I am blogging now, up and running last night thought you might like a peek
katepai.blogspot.com I think it is.

Not any where as near as cool and clever as yours but anyhoo!!
Kate

10:50 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

mags
bwahahahahahaha! can't wait for another rendezvous on thursday! are we living in heaven or what? X

barb
s-n-o-w?? wowsers!
now you've got me *singing*
i'm dreaming of a white christmas... X

hay
yes! i am coveting that top of ang's too!! i'll find out where she grabbed it from X

floss
oh i am *so* glad you loved it so much! ha! the songs are still in my head... X

katepai
oh. my. gosh.
so excited that i am gonna get a window into your world!
*love* your slideshow -
i'll have to learn some of your phototricks X

11:20 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow wha a great weekend with the girlies..... I can't belive that I have still not seem Mama Mia!! I think that it is high time that I organised my own girlie Mama Mia night..... Thanks for the inspiration.. X

11:31 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

julie
you know how much fun i've had with this movie this year - go on - get the girls over - dress up and pop the bubbly!
mwah X

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Hey girls... crazy that you like the top - it is only a Warehouse jobbie!

Great pics, great weekend, thanks honey honey xx

4:44 PM  
Blogger Marrisa said...

Ha ha that is an awesome post, those photos are brilliant. I might get round to seeing Mama Mia soon!! x

7:43 PM  
Blogger CC said...

i'm glad you did a post on Mamma Mia again for I still haven't got round to seeing this and I keep meaning to!

And hey, just saw your peach crumble recipe, have you thought of adding custard in the peach mixture for another variation? It is so yum - if you like custard that is :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Marrisa said...

Ha ha, thanks for the message Kate, for a moment there I was sooo excited at my new reader (and it sounded intriguing!!).I am also at one with the blonde hair, so I understand!! x

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looked like such a blast!!! The feather boas and the wigs were just over the top! I wish I could have joined in the fun! I will have to keep that in mind for future meet ups with bloggers! The movie was funny too. I enjoyed it even though I didn't the stars' singing was very good. LOL. It was still a fun, feel-good movie and I enjoyed bringing my mom to it. :)

9:11 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ang
oh well i searched and searched BOTH Big Red Sheds and - egads! no hippie hippie joy joy!
i did find a(nother) black singlet top though lol X

marrisa
you either luff it or hate it.
i luff it - lol X

cc
so the custard doesn't go all runny when it's cooking? or do i need to make a Real Egg Custard instead of Mr Edmonds' Boxed Stuff? X

teeni
yeah the singing was crazee. i love amanda seyfried's voice though - at least it doesn't sound too bad when we all sing along with the others lol X

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mamma Mia! We've only JUST seen the film and we're now totally hooked and playing the music like crazy... The Embassy in Wellington has Mamma Mia sing-a-long sessions every Wednesday! Might have to get me along... LOVE the photographs and think you girls do a pretty, darn good act!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Ruth Philps said...

My DD would be so jealous of that wig stash!!
Me I'm just jelous that you get to hang out on a beach, drink and scrap together....god I need to get back to NZ ASAP!!!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home