kate5kiwis: Rubbish Report and *prize* pick...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rubbish Report and *prize* pick...

"Zut Alors! (S)he has emerged..."
(movie line)
oh wow. i know why i only do this every 2 - 3 years when i'm pregnant or moving house (don't panic, i'm neither)...
it. just. takes. so. much. energy.
right then:
the report is that so far we've done
*the boys' room
*the lounge
*the laundry
*half of the garage (the front half. not sure if i'll get to the back this time around..)
*the pooter/movies/games cupboard (and we're missing five red connect four buttons and one yellow connect four button. but we have two full chess sets and three chess boards. strange but true.)
*R14's room: which yielded two-and-a-half kleensaks of rubbish and two kleensaks to the sallies. (i know, dad, there must be a Bad Karma Fairy getting me back for my own knee-deep-teen-girl room)

and the pile of non-matching socks is still mounting up.

which brings me to my oh! so happy announcement:
the number of socks in the boys' room was 28...
so the winner is:
The Lovely Liesl of Menagerie House
<----- email me chick (details to the left, to the left... in the box to the left), i have an idea for a beeee-autiful bracelet to celebrate BeingAMommyOf2GorgeousBoys :o)

and now that i've grabbed a breath of air,
i'm off to sweep through the rest of the close vicinity.
*kate takes a breath and ventures into*

*D17's room aka The Cupboard

*my/hubby's room and ensuite
*kids bathroom
*beach cupboard
*kitchen
*linen cupboard

after an espresso and a chocolate covered coffee bean... or two.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

Aw, wow, thank you, Kate! You are such a sweetheart :)

I woke up in a cross mood for some weird reason or t'other, but no need to worry, I'm in a fine mood now!

Hhhhhmmmmm, sounds like espresso and chocolate might be the secret recipe for cleaning success - have fun with all the rest of your cleaning.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Hey, a movie line I know! And now, the kitchen proudly presents...your dinner.

Yay for you for all that cleaning out!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Hurricane Katie! Maybe you'll blast your way over to me and give me a hand? *wink*

1:48 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Wow you really are going to town. Funny, being preggers I have the desire to pitch and pilfer, but not the energy nor the stregnth. I feel that fall will bring forward some much needed clean out in our house. At least I can admit that most of it has merged to the basement, but with construction going on down there it will have to be done in order to use the new space.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Creative Life Studio said...

Best of luck as you plow on through.

Oh, and I read your "hair" post. You sound SO MUCH LIKE ME 6 months ago, before I cut it off. No shampoo, yes shampoo. Curls drying naturally - and yes, staying wet for HOURS ON END. So what am I doing now? Growing it out, of course! LOL! Maybe not to me bum like your goal. I just want something that will work in the FL heat and humidity that will look at least - okay - when it is down. Mid-length/shoulder, perhaps?

I feel your angst! :)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home