kate5kiwis: like a rat up a drainpipe...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, June 09, 2007

like a rat up a drainpipe...

late arvo today, we headed over to our local rock climbing place.

legs and arms were stretched

and blood, sweat and tears were shed
as three rats conquered the walls...
seven metres up.

D17 aka Borat "high f-i-i-i-v-e!!"

Daddy and D17 encourage R13,

who after three attempts
at this ridiculously difficult climb

reached the top alive (movie line).
you totally rock chick!!! (pun intended lol)

R13 belays J11,
who has the patience and problem solving skills
to ace the wall.

just look at you!!!!!!!

i'm off to massage the crick outta my neck...

3 Comments:

Blogger LeighLeigh said...

My good friends Tim & Kim (need to say with strong aussie accent) are right into outdoors stuff - well TIm more than Kim. TIm works for an ourdoors adventure place and they have a rock climbing wall onsite - he has been trying to get us all over there one weekend, and I was keen until I saw your photos - I had NO IDEA what the walls looked - I think I will have a coffee on ground floor!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

This is one of my FAVE activities!!
I don't do it often (in fact hardly at all!) but when I do...ahhhh love the ache of muscles (in places you didn't know you had muscles) and the sense of satisfaction when ya reach the top...........hmmmmmmmm tends to be followed by a visit to my chiropractor to get rid of the kinks in my neck! COOL Photos

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you all had fun
Billy enjoys rock climbing places
I myself dont like heights

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home