kate5kiwis: woozie twozie

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, February 22, 2007

woozie twozie

Being the beginning of the school year, with all sorts of getting-to-know-you games going on, R13 has been instructed to bring a baby photo for a class guessing competition. This is the one she chose:


I remember the day it was taken, on Brendan and Ineke’s garden swing, beside Aimee's gorgeous little garden house. It’s not so clear in the photo, but R13 had Nathan's gumboots on with her favourite Minnie Mouse outfit and her hair done up in two "whale spouts" with the compulsory two-year-old extra hair decorations: it looks like she's been ratting thru Aimee's hair-bands box. It’s a typical photo of Twozie-Woozie, all grins and wiggles and bounce.

After sorting through the h-u-g-e pile of pictures, R13 exclaimed, “When I have babies, I hope my girl looks JUST LIKE ME.. because I was JUST *so* CUTE!!!!!”

Well of course I agree, but then I am JUST *so* BIASED.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

That is a very, *very* adorable pic! Whale spouts is a cute name for that hairdo. I've also heard them called fountains or palm trees. Tres cute!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I've never heard "whale-spouts", but I love it!!!

And that story is JUST *so* CUTE!!!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home