kate5kiwis: *big wide grin*

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

*big wide grin*

See, the thing about being a mummy is that you get your very own Instant Fan Club. For seventeen-and-nearly-a-half years, I’ve been greeted by smiles and cuddles and sometimes… ok, most of the time… extra little bods in our bed, listening to the sun coming up.

And it makes life beautiful.

Even when the bodies stay in their own beds and I wake them later with the sunshine streaming in and our chirpy Good Morning Song (I’m thinking I must’ve made it up, it’s rather tuneless and has many variations… good morning to you.. how are you today… it’s time to wake up… and kiss your mummy…. and make a cup of tea..) I get grins and sleepy kisses and heads-nestling-into-my-neck and retelling of dreams from the Littles and *bonjour maman* or *grazie mamma* and heads-hiding-grins-buried-quickly-under-pillows from the Bigs..

and the Littlest Pattering Feet Boy comes sprinting down the hall and body-slams my legs and squeals: “Hi, Mum-m-m-m-m-my.”

And I smile to myself and hug my mummy-ness and whisper, “Thank you,” in my heart.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Gorgeous Debbie said...

You are *so* the World's Best Mummy!!!! xoxoxo

10:02 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I agree with Gorgeous Debbie!! You are definately one of the best that is for sure. I love it when J climbs into bed in the morning with us. He nuzzles his head just under my chin and snuggles in close. It is the perfect start to the day.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GEEEEEE Kate......you make me feel SOOOO bad!!!!
I wish wish wish I was a "morning mama" too!!!!!
:-)

6:01 PM  
Blogger oacemama said...

I am sooo not a morning person...but lately O has been coming in and gently waking me from my sleep and coming in to snuggel while he decides what to do for the hour before I drag my sorry self out of bed and start the day...O is up just after Jamie leaves for work at 6 in the morning!

I love your blog Kate...it makes me feel happy!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

I have to choose between hubby in my bed or kiddies...he won't have both;-) But on the odd occasion I manage to slip a few kiddlies in before he notices! Gotta love those days.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Oh, yeah, those first-thing-in-the-morning cuddles are simply.the.best :)

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home