kate5kiwis: the un-birthday party

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the un-birthday party

“Can’t a feller have a present when it’s *not* his birthday?”
(my Dad's famous question, as a young’un)

Yep, any excuse to hit the beach... it's been half a year since we didn't do anything speshal for Louise's birthday, so today, Deb, Clare and I (and thirteen of our kiddos) hit the surf and sand to celebrate with coconut-and-pineapple-upside-down-cake.. it was so yummy!!

It's ok, I made the kids to do their maths in the car on the way *evil grin* .. and R13 had updated her blog last night, and S8 had been busy writing little messages in lemon juice and baking them in the sun.. so that ticked the written language box.. and on monday the kids had spotted the library books bus and begged me to let them snarff armloads of books from it... so reading is A-OK as well.

It's weird how even after all these years of home schooling, and seeing each of my children become *educated* as if by osmosis, I still feel as though I have to *tick the boxes* ??


... especially when I look at what M4 and his mate Tiahnee created at the beach today: it's called a *star castle*. There we have it: maths, language, science, art...

5 Comments:

Blogger flowerpot said...

looks like a great time was had by all, look at the sun shining.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snarff, darling? I love it.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

That looks like so much fun! I've always enjoyed living by a lake, but it looks so much nicer to live by an ocean!

I feel a need to "tick the boxes" as well. And still compare my kids to other kids, in that "Susie is already walking and got her first tooth; why hasn't *my* child?" kind of way. Not looking at the things that they excel at.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your eye on the ball baby -
that's how to get the present !
G.D.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Hey cool blog, cool as castle too! Would love to see the faces of the ERO ppl when your kids pop out cool words like snarff! lol. C U @ 10 pin :)

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home