kate5kiwis: kid doo... cadoo...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, August 03, 2006

kid doo... cadoo...


we love this game (especially the funky glasses)..

it's a kids' version of charades/pictionary/trivial pursuits.
of course, we mostly play with four-year-old rules..

like, charades always has a verbal commentary:
MUM: "OK, I'm in my house, and the walls are shaking, and I'm shaking, and everything is shaking.."
M4: "Fire?"
MUM: "Everything's shaking, and I'm hiding in my safe place under the table.."
M4: *quizzical look*
MUM: "Earthquake!"
M4: "Earthquake... Y-A-Y!! Ok, we both win!!"
*places his counter on the board*
MUM: *counts up and realises that M4 has ten counters on the board and I only have four (??)*

and fast find:
(something that starts with a vowel: A, E, I, O or U)
M4: "Ohhh, an APPLE.. that means I can EAT the apple if I find it?"
I love that four-year-old logic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

We know all about the four year old rules! And the 6 year old ones... and the 11 year old ones... And then the 11 year old gets annoyed when everyone ELSE changes the rules so I dont play board games with my sibs very much =P


I was admiring your pictures from paris. I really like photography. =)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Try playing this game (adult version) with your in-laws where *they* are constantly changing the rules. Or trying to make things fair for a high-school aged niece or nephew who is too old for kiddie games but still does not have the life experience, knowledge of history, etc. necessary to play some of these games! It's easier just to play cards. Then everything's fine as long as no blood is drawn (I'm serious!!)

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...games in our household when growing up were...um interesting! Everyone STUCK to THE rules....oh rebelious me.
I love bending them thou, so much more fun
You are a gorgeous mummy x

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lillyma said...

Cadoo is one of our favorites, too. Except we bought it used w/ out the glasses, so we have a piece of red celophane we keep in th box, lol!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home