kate5kiwis: book meme

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, July 31, 2006

book meme

I've been tagged by the ultimate evil genius, a.k.a. Barb to do a BOOK MEME.. heck, that's a new word for my kiwi-vocab.. I have been procrastinating all weekend, but today is a rainy day, so have had a bit of thinking-time (in between lunch with Mel and Madz, hockey with the kids, cuppa teas with Nicky, and beading necklaces with Jessica and R13)

1. One book that changed your life:
This year, Bono on Bono, and that's just from the snippets hubby has read to me. His nose has been stuck in it for the last month.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S Lewis. Our whole family has a love affair with the lion and his cronies..

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Oh, heck, just give me Captain Jack Sparrow !!!

4. One book that made you laugh:
My kids'n'I always get a laugh from Tintin and Asterix books.

5. One book that made you cry:
Desert Flower, the first third of Waris Dirie's autobiography

6. One book that you wish had been written:
I'd love for my mum to compile a massive folder of her hundred favourite recipes. She is my inspiration in the kitchen.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Growing Kids God's Way. i'm not even linking to it. sheesh, that's a whole 'nother story.

8. The book you are currently reading:
I always have a few on the go. I'm about to start Celia Lashlie's
He'll be OK (subtitled Growing Gorgeous Boys into Young Men).

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
some good historical novels (that fit into the chick-lit category)
..any suggestions??

10. Now tag five people:
this is the tricky question, i've been blogging for only
four months.. so here are the five people I know IN REAL LIFE who are bloggers !!!!!
Leighleigh, Nicky, kiwibopha, Abby and Maddie

7 Comments:

Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Hi!
In answer to number 9:The Bronze Horseman. Just finished it - totally loved it, it is the first of three and I have just started book 2. Set in Russia during WWII it is an epic love story - just wonderful...!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Lillyma said...

hee hee! You'll have to fight me for Capn' Jack first!!!!!

*drool*

11:32 AM  
Blogger Lillyma said...

Oh, and I agree on the Growing Kids...

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what do you mean, "tagged"?
i have no idea what a book meme is either
sorry :)
you'll have to explain!!!

4:00 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

abbs honey
i'm gonna email ya
luv
auntie xx

8:51 AM  
Blogger Mona-pily said...

Thanks for checking out my blog!

I'm TOTALLY with you on the Captain Jack thing. Yeah, if it came down to Johnny Depp or a book...well, I'm pickin Depp.

:)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Yeah, now why didn't I think of that! Sounds sweet!

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Oh, heck, just give me Captain Jack Sparrow !!!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home