kate5kiwis: summer swap

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, June 20, 2009

summer swap

anyone fancy swapping a little bit of winter for some *summer sunshine*?
go here
it's actually a fabulously fun fabric swap, hosted my my fabby friend sarah of le original petit sac who i'm procrastinating sewing an apron for!!!!!

while this might sound a bit "nana", it's actually a riot - i'm currently sewing last year's swappage into my quilt. and i even splashed out on a "darning foot" today cos am about to attempt my first *free form quilting* - blah blah sewing blah blah -
maybe i am turning into a nana after all.
(it's saturday night, and i'm excited about staying in and watching a chick flick)

*sneaky peep* at quilt piecing in progress -
(it's one of those Love It Or Hate It eclectic mixes. i absolutely adore its craziness)

i am needing *suggestions* for a good name for it - it's currently dubbed "my in-between quilt" (cos i'm sewing it between semesters) which is hardly poetic..... maybe inspired by a song title... or a movie line...?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the 'Expanding My Mind' quilt? ;)

Thanks for mentioning the swap, Katie dahlink. I will have a fancy schmancy swap button posted soon. :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger SpiritedAway said...

Hi dee Hi another kiwi I spy!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous BeachMama said...

I love your quilt! I have never done anything so exciting. I have a bunch of material waiting for me to be inspired but, it hasn't come yet.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hi Kate!!! I borrowed MIL machine so i could free form quilt a quilt i made for baby. Unfortunately the quilt was a WEE bit girly, and it turned out Levi is a boy! (i also knitted him a dress with matching soaker!) LOL.
I will take some pics anyway, i LOVE the quilt, so i better have a girl sometime! ;P
Love the fabric in your quilt!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home