kate5kiwis: i fink i'm ready to say the F word

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, June 13, 2009

i fink i'm ready to say the F word

egads, i'm finally emerging from down inside the rabbit hole - my last assignment (which has morphed into a hundred and fifty page BOOK, complete with photos, maps, documents and anecdotes) on The Social History of Tauranga Primary School is printed and bound and destined for my lecturer on monday.

it's five o'clock somewhere in the world (bottoms up!) and tomorrow is my *FORTIETH* birthday. for which i'm strangely excited all of a sudden.

i'm immensely thankful for my beautiful life, for sunshine, for rain, for my hair which has finally reached my derrière, and for the blessing of fabulous people, all around the world, who continue to inspire me.
*waves hi and blows a kiss*
the hippie happy month starts now X

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh 40. Happy tomorrow birthday!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippy happy hoppy birthday, Katie! I hope you have a marvellous day with Bulldog, the kiddos, red wine, and chocolate.

Sending birthday hugs from Canada,

Us xo

7:11 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Have a fabulous birthday - if I've worked it out correctly and it falls on the 13th, you are exactly 2 months older than me to the day!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Katepai said...

OMG OMG happey happy birthday!!!!

Glad you're so ok with it... I was too... I say WAS

Anyhoo enjoy your birthday month.

Love love love

Kate

9:23 PM  
Blogger oacemama said...

Happy Birthday Katie! All I can say is that you are the hottest forty year old I know!

Glad your hair made it ...now don't go cutting it all off next week eh?

Have a wonderful family day and a toast from me to you
Loves
K
x

10:30 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

happy birthday :D

3:14 AM  
Anonymous sarahbean said...

hippy happy birfday lovely lady!!
hope you have a blast
xxx

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Beautiful friend - enjoy the ride! - It's only just beginning, you know that feeling when the rollercoaster gets to the top of the hill - put your arms up and scream! - here we go.
Love you millions

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Katie! I loved looking back at your 'hair' story. I too have cut mine short and ended up quickly growing it again. It never feels right short somehow - but I always go for the chop whenever there's a big 'life changing moment' (normally after child birth or the start of a new job - or the end of one!).

I remember a couple of my mother's friends who gracefully carried off their long hair into the Grandma years - and they always had such a wild spark in their eyes too. Live happy and live long.

Happy, hippy Birthday! Sarah x

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it was a wonderful day.

We will have to compare the lengths of our hair one day. Mine did something wicked this morning - I was washing it in the shower and I went to walk out and somehow a great big lock of it had twisted its way round the shower lead thing and when I tried to walk out it pulled me back. It took me ages to unwind it!

I keep thinking of having mine cut cos it keeps drooping into things (cleaning the loos is very risky!!!) but can't quite bring myself to do it.

Enjoy your birthday week!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Sorry I'm late to the party. It's been a combination of being busy/being sick around here. Happy belated birthday! We're the same age now for a month. :)

It must be a nice feeling of accomplishment to be so close to completing your schoolwork!

3:38 AM  
Anonymous BeachMama said...

Happy Belated 40th Kate! Hope you had a grand day with your family and were treated like the Princess that you are.

And congrats on finishing up your assignments.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday girl........so not ready for mine...how you doing with 40?....many cocktails? Al xx

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home