kate5kiwis: tettie ah tettie

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, June 19, 2009

tettie ah tettie


it's the newest hip phrase,
coined by one of my fave linguists,
from the original tête-à-tête.
although to be fair,
there were no hyphens or circumflexes
on the flower pot when we glanced at it.
HILARIOUS!!!!!

it's been a week of birthday parties,
one of which was with my fave poppies
(minus one - my evil twin
who's flown the country for her FORTIETH -
we are saying that word out loud, nik)
at The Posh Restaurant On The Water for lunch.

(ah, diggin' the rugby-socks-under-the-summer-skirt look)

can you say, "POH-sh"???
"blue vein and onion jam
hot pastries" sort of posh.

(c-h-e-e-s-e)

"glazed pork ribs and teensy weensy
salad leaves" sort of posh.

"two and a half glasses of maimai
sauvignon blanc" sort of posh. hic.

"manuka honey crème brûlée with pistachio biscotti
(which i gave away, cos nuts are savoury
and crème brûlée is sweet.
can't eat nuts in my chocolate either. ick.)
and kiwifruit sorbet" sort of posh.


cos ya know how we
love being Ladies Who Lunch.

you'll be pleased to see that
i have resisted posting the
inevitable dodgy photos here.

oh alright then, hope you
took your heart pill this morning.



yeah, there's a limit to
the number of photos
a birthday girl
can pose sensibly for.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ardern said...

Honey you snog like a pro, arh, I didnt mean like a pro pro, you know just a girl whose snogged alot, ok, I mean with just the one fella, and well... just us girls... ok, the snog was nice... but next time no tongue aye.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you and I were posting at the same time - I refreshed and there you were - doing assignments again! Colour this time and my topic beading!!!
You my friend are blessed. I wanna a ladies lunch!!!
waaaaah!

enjoy

3:04 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

There's so much joy flowing out of the photographs I almost feel like I was invited!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

IT's been too long, dearie. I loved catching up with these photos.

More later. Promise.

xoxo

12:31 AM  
Anonymous BeachMama said...

Lovely celebration for a fortieth. You gals really know how to 'lunch' :).

4:28 AM  
Anonymous tittie girl said...

Oh heck girls, that's looking a bit like it needs to be an "after dark" lunch!! Loved the maimai xx

5:17 PM  
Blogger Carnies said...

Missed ya missed ya, (still got to kiss ya!) x

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home