kate5kiwis: On the Eighteenth Day of Christmas

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the Eighteenth Day of Christmas

(egads! i forgot to post the link yesterday - katie's *Christmas giveaway* is here! go and get yourself a chance at a Christmas bracelet - don't be shy - except Abbs and Shazzy and Ang - you girls can be a little bit shy bwahahahaha!)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ohk - divulge - what was the last thing you wore to a Dress Up Party?


cos i went to my Ohm Zen Class at the gym tonight and i thought i'd be w-a-a-a-y underdressed for the theme of "Christmas" - i wore this over my gym clothes - just the pink tutu and the wings - going as The Christmas Fairy - er - Angel...

and out of a class of six peeps (yeah, everyone else is at the mall) there was the instructor with a Santa Hat and a bit of silver tinsel wound around herself and *one* other lady wearing a Santa Hat, and ME! everyone else - that's half the class - had no dress ups.

so while i was s'posed to be Ohmming and Zenning i was actually doing a statistical analysis in my head - and wondering if it's a personality thing? cos i LOVE dress ups - actually there's a "Hawaiian" theme for my saturday morning gym class too - and i'm gonna rehash the pink tutu with a bikini top and my big fat daisy necklace i think (which i almost wore THE OTHER DAY when it was NOT dress ups - thankfully i phoned a friend first lol) - so not too full on - but the million dollar question is - do *you* do dress ups? or not?

anyway go on, if you're reading me - SPILL baby!!!!!!!!!!
do ya love/hate dress up parties - and if ya love 'em, what's your latest or favourite dress ups..? (except Deb - you'll make us blush!)
mwah X

15 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

My most embarrassing confession is this: I have never been to a dress up party in my life!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Ardern said...

Do I love dress ups? Is the Pope Catholic?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ruta M. said...

First time I've visited your blog and it's so sparkly and fun to read. I love an excuse for dress up. Last time was a few weeks ago for a 'super hoero' party. Being blonde and a fan of LOTR I had to be Galadriel. Cloak made from a grey throw that used to be on our old sofa, satin dress cobbled together from a negligee set bought at the charity shop and crown and brooch made from shiny card using templates off the web. Tomorrow it's dress up day at school and my costume cost me 20p, spent on a fake fur scarf which has become ears and tail, A beautiful slahed black and red doublet which I had made for my OH for Sealed Knot and joggers tucked into boots. A touch of face paint and this enthusiastic, overweight 52 year old will be set for a day of fun.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my youth group had a costume bowling party. i went as a desert lily, wearing brown roomy cotton shirt over blue jeans over which i slipped on a sandy-coloured army-print mini skirt with tan buttons up the side. plus the big brown flower in my hair. then i went bowling.

it was... interesting.

and YES, i want the Christmas bracelet!!!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I don't do dress ups because I'm a bit timid... but I always regret it. I actually love to dress up but cringe at the thought of being the lone crazy person. I'm much more comfortable dressed in something that will blend into the drapery.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Any possible excuse... we have 'theme' days at school which are always fun and Tim's work always expect dress ups for their parties. Next year I'm planning to dress up more for work too.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

The last time I went to a fancy dress party I went as a butterfly lady. I LOVE butterflys and I had fake ones pinned to my dress. I am a bit like Ginaagain and prefer to fade into the background :)

jen

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love costume parties! Or just having a reason to get all dolled up and have a night out with the hubby. The last time I played dress up was for my great niece's birthday party - I went as a hula girl with the coconut bra and grass skirt on over my t-shirt and jeans. Her birthday is in November which is too cold around these parts to even consider not wearing them over regular clothes. LOL. Anyway, she loved seeing all her relatives dressed up and it was a lot of fun.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate Bronwyn Taylor here. The one you know not my sister in law with the same name.
Last dress up I did was to the light party where the four kids and I went dressed up as the 5 little ladybugs. Four girl bugs in red shirts black pants red and black wings and antennae and one boy bug with black shirt pants wings etc.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Well... ahh... let me see??!!! Yeah, I love to play dress ups, it's the best thing about being a girl chick. But I dont just DRESS UP @ PARTIES! I just love to throw a bright something or a wig on and enjoy it for *myself* :-)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Katepai said...

My last dress up party was my 40th and I didn't know about it til I walked in the door. Kate I wish oh I wish I had a new camera. This is my girl friends and I borrowed it to take some photos for a scrap booking project I have on. It is a beautiful piece of equipment that takes half decent photos even with this photographic moron behind it.

Kate

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't dress up which is why it is #26 on my list. I want to!! I guess Im just shy.
a.

4:18 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

steve
*singing* it's time to make a change, just relax, take it easy bwahahaha yeah i changed the words!!!
oh i am such an ENFP! trying to convert everybody!!! X

mags
bwahahaha!!! oh yes! X

ruta
oh i LOVE your refashioning buzz - that's me too! galadriel huh? she fair freaks me out - that scene with frodo and the mirror - but really i think she is lovely! i hope i'm still as buzzy-outty at 52 X

abbs
desert lily huh? that is cool. one of my craziest dress ups was a Piranha which i wore to a P party lol X

gina
oh k - here's an idea - next party, make yourself a floral headdress and you can go as a "wallflower" lol! mwah X

floss
oh i *love* THEME DAYS! i went as slinky malinki to a Book Dress Up Day at school in my previous life - not sure i'd do that again! X

jen
Butterfly Lady? that is gorgeous!!! i'll bet you loved it! X

teeni
ha! we just had the Hawaiian Dress Up today (saturday) at my gym - i really needed your coconut bikini!!! X

bronwyn!!!!!
so lovely to hear from you!!
now i have lovely *ladybird* visions in my head!!! are you coming down for the race with Sarah in january? i'm planning on going over to the mount to cheer her on - i'd love to see you too! X

ang
your life is one beautiful pink dress up! i really admire your Every Day's A Party buzz X

kate
you were amazing that night - loved your delighted facials! and good on merlot packing you an outfit! he still scares me with that moue tho - glad that's off now! yeah, those photos are GORGEOUS! X

andie
i can't believe you!!! YOU?
painter artiste extraordinaire!!!
maybe in your next life then?
mwah X

12:25 PM  
Blogger The Gorgeous Debbie said...

Well, let me just say that the single-most important thing I learned from my latest dress-up party I attended was this: "It is is VITAL to ascertain, BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE, whether the "Cocktail" in the "Cocktail Party" you were invited to is one word, or two." This can save you all sorts of "Oh My Gosh" moments when you float in wearing your tail.... ;o)

10:02 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

deb
lol- that is SUCH a funny story!
it's right up there with Bridget Jones and her vicars party lol
i LOVE that about you girlie - you always go the whole hog!!!
mwah X

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home