kate5kiwis: Mamma Mia!

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mamma Mia!

I had no expectations going into this film, but... my, my, how can I resist ya? I think it helps that my lovely life resembles a musical - someone says or does something which triggers a spontaneous song. As the director would have it, I found myself in the cinema side by side with two girlfriends, and instantly we became the Dynamos: I was Donna - with the blonde tresses and ditzy tanties, Deb was Rosie - with the spiked 'do and funky dance moves, and Nush was Tanya - the trim, toned siren. And magic was all around. The whole theatre was abuzz with laughter and song and silly grins plastered on nostalgic faces as we skipped and swam all over that idyllic Greek island. Sure, it was predictably sweet and cheesey, but there were a few delicious surprises - and at the risk of spoiling it for all you glitter-tassled ABBA fans out there: prime your vocal chords, sing Fernando before ya go (cos it ain't there), and let "the happiest flick eva" light the fire within your soul... just one look and you will hear the bell ring... one more look and you'll forget everything... oh-oh-oh-ooohh!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie!!! I am so glad you loved this. I found my self swept away in a swooch of happiness too. I was singing and laughing and crying - very very cool. A little sad missing my dynamoes!!!
"Honey honey How I love you --uh huh"
- hugs to you dear friend
Suz

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Ooooh, this is the first movie i have wanted to see in a long time! I think i feel a girls night coming on!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

i wouldnt mind going to this
but its so expensive going to the movies these days

pleased you loved it

Ill wait and watch it when it comes out on DVD that way I wont hurt peoples ears either LOL :)

Jen

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! I loved the play and am looking forward to the movie. Pierce Brosnan AND Colin Firth in the same film?

Be still my heart....

"Gimmie, gimmie, gimme a man after midnight...."

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absoludo's doll... I am keen to get to this with the **Tall Poppies** but wish it could be sooner! Love the cast and the music, so all round I am looking forward to it. xx

7:49 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

Oooh, looking forward to seeing this. I saw the musical in London a few years ago and it was wonderful! At the end the whole cast came on stage and performed Waterloo. The audience were all on their feet singing along with huge grins.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ardern said...

Yep will be going to this next week once the kiddos are back in school. Looks like fun entertainment, great cast, happy hoppy viewing. xxx

9:57 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Ohhhhh glad to hear that you liked this film. I can't wait to see it, seems like just the thing to brighten a winters day.....X

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home