kate5kiwis: les bloggeurs

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, July 12, 2008

les bloggeurs

a few weeks ago, i read an article in the newspaper. uh, that's spelled n-e-w-s-p-a-p-e-r. you know, the thing that has large paper pages, and you lick the tip of your mouse-clicking-finger and turn them as you read? the journalist was talking about social networking sites like bebo and facebook and blogs and how easy it is for prospective employers to do a bit of behind-the-scenes checking on prospective employees.

*ack!* that's freaky deaky. let's hope my future prospective employer doesn't know i masquerade as kate5kiwis (and not just cos there's an errant "s" at the end of "kiwi"). cos most people i "know" online use pseudonyms, or maybe first names. a lot of people i "know" online, i even know in real life. i sometimes read of scary fairy Bloggeur Meet Ups, where there's a bit of a road trip or a convention and peeps pack their axe in their suitcase (for self-protection) and then there's much unpseudonyming of pseudonyms joyous conversation.

i've often found myself trying to explain the secret identity of fellow bloggeurs to Bulldog:
lately it's been:
oh, you know, Saaaa-rahhh, the one who made me my petit sac français?
or Barb the Evil Genius (BD knows Barb, she sent us coffee beans)
or Lauuuura, the one who i made the elven bracelet for her daughter, and she unschools and lives in the states USofA?
or Hay, the one we knew for Five Fab Weeks, before she mutiny-d (if in doubt, make up the spelling) to The Windy City
or Sarah Bean, who used to be just plain Sarah, but i called her Sarah Bean once in the comments and so now she's SB and lives in a shoebox
or Floss, she lives in Cathedral City, and sent me my frou frou bag and she has four kids and...
and Bulldog looks at me quizzically and rather foncusedly.

there's one bloggeur that i keep up with who lives in France: Antipo, short for Antipo Deesse (antipodes, get it?) yeah, she's a loyal kiwi chick, living in a little village in France *ecstatic sigh* i first came across her blog two years ago as we were preparing for our little European Jaunt, and was instantly smitten. since then, i've made her a wee bit of jewellery and guess what? this week i've finally met her, and - she's lovely - and not at all an axe murderer. and now BD is foncused no more. he knows her real name now too.

Antipo Deesse and kate5kiwis at sunset, surfside.

au revoir, c'est moi, signing off another half-baked blog post with plain black font and no hyperlinks. but lookit: i've posted the photo. and dahling Antipo, your camera's in the post. that's snail mail. and you'll be happy to know that i even refrained from filling up your memory card with saucy photos of my nostrils. mwah mwah XX

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a saucy pic of your nostrils on my phone that I can pass on, if you want :)

11:21 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Meredith and I love our bracelets! She gets to wear hers more than I do mine, 'cause she's fancy like that and I'm cleaning out basements and cooking.

"Antipodes" was one of Jesse's vocabulay words last week (per the dreaded curriculum). Of course, I used New Zealand in my example for him.

I met an unschooling blog friend once, years ago. Two weeks after I met her, she was in a terrible car accident and in a coma. I went to see her in the hospital as she was recovering. It was just the beginning of a time of flux for her, and we lost touch.

But, at least now I know that blog buddies are real people. :) With real nostrils, even!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

My family all "know" Kate Kiwi! Even some people at church have heard about you when they admired my bee-you-tiful bead bracelet! Of course, I also go to church with Deb the Quilter and Em the Equestrian, and you "know" them too. If we ever get to New Zealand, I'm lookin' ya up. Promise not to bring my axe.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Hey baby girl, *fantastic weekend* I hope you are feeling tank filled after your chilling time with Bulldog and D18.

Dont you worry about any prospective employers checking your file - they should be so lucky if they snaffle you up!

Mwah mwah... see you soon aye xx

1:05 PM  
Blogger Frances said...

Ooooh ooh pick me! I've also met the lovely Antipo "in real life" and she IS lovely, isn't she? (I even blogged about our meeting, how geeky is that?)

It's actually through her that I started reading your blog. All good. :-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Antipo Déesse said...

What is it with everyone calling me "lovely'? Couldn't you have said I'm sexy and naughty and very very rude? I do have a reputation to protect you know!

Well Katie, that whole day with you was like a brilliantly shiny dream! You are even more gorgeous in real life and you knocked me out with your long, long legs, your sweet hub and son, your cooking, lemons and scrumptious avocadoes. I just didn't want to leave. If I can move back to NZ one day, it will be right next door to you!

My newest necklace has been ooh'ed and ahh'ed over and I will be wearing it to lunch all over Melbourne, Hong Kong and Paris very soon. Pauline LOVES her bracelet, but I am planning on borrowing it frequently when she isn't looking.

Love & kisses,
H

PS Did anyone ever tell you you have a very sexy voice? It was quite a shock to me, as I only "knew" your girly image....

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey baby
send me sexy nostril photos asap

i need em to paste in photoshop to improve on mine!!

Going to Bangkok tomorrow

wanna meet me there - go on - run away and bring your juicy nostrils on a hollyday to the rully rully big smoke (choke)

MISS UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

the der

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here via Hand Mirror. Went scrolling down where to my surprise, I see a photo of Antipo! I met her charming self (and raspberry scoffing offspring) a couple of times at blogging meets in Paris. Small world. :-)

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home