kate5kiwis: The Way Forward

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Way Forward

The monthly cycle is a wondrously predictable thing - for the woman. For everyone else, it's helpful to have a few signposts.

This month, I've had the hanging my balls on the electric fence week and the wearing my heart on my sleeve week. This week I'm writing lists and ticking boxes (which incidentally is the kiwi-kids least fave week, cos i have balls the size of Texas), because next week i'll have too many balls in the air
and my head will be full of candy floss.
And then I get to do it all again next month.

Nearly two years ago *boggle* when Bulldog and I went global tripping, the phrase that all the cool kids were using was "It's the way forward!" as in, whatever you fancy doing/thinking/eating right at this moment is the thing that all the cool kids are doing/thinking/eating, so let's do it/go there/eat that.

It's taken me four months to Pay It Forward. But in recognition of
this week's List-Writing And Box-Ticking, here are katie's sparkly offerings:

*close your eyes if you prefer surprises*

cos i'm a great believer in feeling all the pressies under the Christmas tree... so here's a sneaky peep:
for lauz and barb and abbs (you luffly girls get to pay it forward now too!!!) and a speshal bracelet for my fave Hiks-Hippie's Daughter *katie blows a kiss to sarah!*
these are all the same theme, but each is unique, depending on how many brothers/sisters/kiddos you have (lauz, you have *three* sparkly crystals in your bracelet!)

and in the spirit of keeping the love going around the universe, and in celebration of
all things red and angelic (or devilly, as the case may be)
(including a cinderella slipper to hang off your keyring, cos you've found your handsome prince lol) these are for nikki...

yeah, sparkly is *definitely* The Way Forward.

12 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Gorgeous things you are making there. Yes, we are MAD about The Princss Bride and could probably quote most of the movie. When it came out in theatres, my flatmates and I must have seen it about 5 times in the space of a few weeks, and laughed ourselves off our seats every single time. My friend Michael could do the whole "Mawwige..." scene with a straight face, still makes me chuckle to remember...

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Good for you. I have been working on my Pay it Forward, but it isn't quite ready yet :).

Love the jewels.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm thrilled! I'm working on my Pay-It-Forward, too.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been a busy beady blogger!

I am 100% with you on feeling all the presents under the tree.

Aww, (including a cinderella slipper to hang off your keyring, cos you've found your handsome prince lol) how sweet is that!

Nikki you got lots of the lolly beads, I hope you lick them all regularly...

Katie I bought 4 different bags of red beads from briar looking for those LOLLY ones amongst them like the one on my etsy goodies from you and didn't find a one. Secret pleeze?

Gosh, my longest comment evah! LOL.

9:02 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

flossy
no jokes, at our friend leighleigh's wedding *nearly NINE years ago* lol Bulldog's and my place names were:
Buttercup and Westley
and there *was* talk of the pastor/marriage celebrant doing the whole "mawwiage" scene, but he didn't lol X

anna
ooo, i am getting all excited now! X

barb
sweet, i *love* this game X

beanie
Gosh, my longest comment evah!
yeah, are you having a bad day? lol.
check your email, chick. the secrets are in your inbox lol X

10:13 AM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

Fantabulous!! I love mail (esp pressies ones) that is just for ME!
You're a gem....I can't wait!
Will work on my Pay-It-Forward deal now....I'm thinking...maybe something flax (and paua) ....maybe something fabric (and beads) ....hmmmmmm......... Maybe a collection of beads with findings to make ones own............more thinking required!!! I just can't decide but i'm sure I will...eventually....Better get kiddos out of shower....strange noises....

6:29 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ooo lauz
that is all sounding très kiwi!!!
can't wait to see what you create! X

8:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*long scream*
they are sooooooooo beautiful!
i am working on my pay-it-forward, two little necklace-earring combos for my dear friends who might be leaving to the U.S. of A. forEVER (hope they don't) lots of love xszvkjyp

12:43 AM  
Blogger Nikki Elisabeth said...

Ohhhhhh Kaaaaaaaaate!
They are gooooooorgeous!!!
I will definitely be licking!

And red! That's on par for my favourite colour (or blend of) with brown!!

I'm also a charmy girl (my necklace has charms of all kinds on it) so the shoe is super cool.

Excitement :D :D :D

10:20 AM  
Blogger pande said...

Hi Kate - surprised to get your comment on my humble wee blog. I can't bear to even begin to compare mine with the exotic creativity of yours!! Mine was merely to keep up with news with the family - shamed into it.
LOvely to hear from you - fabulous beads!! Liz = alias pande!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kate!
Thank you soo much for the gorgeous bracelet!! It was so lovely of you! I have really enjoyed reading your blog,love the way you write. =)
Bless you heaps,
Sarah xo

10:35 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

abby
*love* that you are sending sparkles with your friends, it's a piece of ya that they'll totally treasure. make sure you post da pix, love from (your favourite) auntie! mwah X

nikki
brown is one of my faves too, along with pink and yellow and creamy and...
so glad you *like*, that shoe is totally my fave! mwah X

liz
but, you see, blogs are a perfect picture of what goes on in our heads: yours is elegant and succinct and articulate, mine is blonde and spinny and airy lol. love the catch up! mwah X

sarah
oh em gee, you should've seen my face when Mum phoned me the other day: i just about fell off my perch realising that i'd been *sprung* lol, that YOU READ ME!!!
hey, LOVED the photos of you in the larrikins' christmas letter, looks like '07 was a blast!!
...and now i'm wondering if you blog too?? much love, mwah X

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home