kate5kiwis: Parenting 101

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, July 23, 2007

Parenting 101

oh, yes, I've got The Power!!!!!
"When you've tidied your room, it can be your turn to read Harry..."
"Please empty the dishwasher, and then you can read Harry."
"Hey, how about you make your bed and adios those dirty clothes and then you can read Harry..."
"Ok, you have a quick shower while your sister finishes the chapter, and then you can read while she hops in..."
Aha, bargaining chips. I'm loving this... while it lasts!

and then perhaps it can be *my* turn to read Harry?!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL
what a powerful tool :)

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent parenting tool! *wink*

I hope it's Mummy's turn soon....

12:30 PM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

tee hee!

Quick, while they still have chapters left, you have time to find the next great book series for them to dive into!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Hay said...

Well I have to cofess the whole HP thing failed to capture my interest but your title brought back a few memories. Do you remember that song The Power by Snap?
**I've got the power**LOL That used to be my best friend at intermediates fave band / song. Thanks for the trip down memory lane :o)

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea! I love the bargaining chip. It's so good your kids are all into it. Dyla is our #1 HP fan still....i love that. he is ploughing through and promises not to read the last page 1st. I'm with Danny....(fingers in my ears til i can read it too)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm so happy!!!! i loved harry and there are so many good bits
my annoying guy friend (tell rach its tristan) sent me an email saying all these things cos he thought i had read it already!!!!
he was like oh i hate it how this person this person and this person die and this bit is cool and i don't like it how these people get together....
and i was SO mad at him

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home