kate5kiwis: licensed to thrill

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

licensed to thrill

D17, this is the *crack of dawn* shining on you as you leaped behind the steering wheel of Dad's little car ridiculously early this morning:
these are the three text messages you ecstatically sent me straight after your drive around the block with The Driving Licence Man:
Try 91 percent!
And he didn't even get me to do a parallel park!

"don't thank me, it's your driving"


this is the look on your face when the boys'n'i met you back at the car:
(please note: cool funky nike glasses, to be worn whenever you're behind the wheel, ok)

and this is your very own map of The Sunny Bay that i gotcha, cos like me, you're all at sea when it comes to directions:
yep, another Special Plate Moment, although i'm not sure you're home for dinner, cos the first words you said to me were, "mum, i'm gonna need the car tonight..."

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS D17

7:23 PM  
Blogger Hay said...

Congrats! No holding him back now (perhaps time for a GPS tracking system?). Cute boy + car = chick magnet (how flash am I? Maths and science in one sentence). And what a great test result! Mine was a *shocker*, I still remember it to this day, only passed because the man took pity on me.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember - petrol is expensive but if you can keep your speed down you won't waste your money on fines !

9:41 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Congratulations! :)
I get my temps next month ;)

11:57 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

you can see the pride all over hi face, well done young man!

and I LOVE your special plate, may have to get myself one of those here at one point :)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Creative Life Studio said...

*sigh* Another milestone reached. :) He looks SO happy!

Congrats to D17!

P.S. I tagged you if you want to play along with 8 Random things. Play along if you like! :)

1:15 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

The dawning of a new era! Congratulations D17!

1:33 AM  
Blogger rani said...

Congratulations! For this and also for all your decluttering. Great job!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

Listen to your grandad D-boy!!!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Woo Hoo, D17!!!!!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Well Done D Boy - I can still remember the first big drive on my own - the feeling on independence was just incredible! I was the first of my firends to get my full - and oh it felt so good!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home