kate5kiwis: Victorian Tea Party

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Victorian Tea Party

Incredibly Posh British Accents abounded at noon for our High Tea, complete with silver teasets and pinky fingers protruding from the teacups.
We dined on all manner of delectable delights, including Millionaire's Shortbread, Baby Shower Bears and Spring Flower Baskets, all painstakingly handmade by Deb's kiddos.....

The Gorgeous Lady Deb, Lady Katherine De Burgh (in my wedding dress, ouch, can't breathe. How on earth have I put weight on my *underarms*???), Miss H and Miss L.

Lady Bella with High Prince J11 and Bella's Princesses.

Bella, underneath That Fabulous Hat.
"Please ring the bell for tea, Kitty.."

5 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm jealous! I'd love to do something like that, but I don't know who I'd invite!

I'm also jealous that you even *fit* into your wedding dress! Time to exercise. How are you doing??

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you luv-er-ly ladies and gentlemen! What a fun way to spend the day! Did you have scones, clotted cream, and jam, too? *drooling!*

:)

8:06 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

barb
oh, the Victorian Tea Party was someone else's idea: five home ed families in fact, but only two could make it on the day (it was supposed to be a 1 May maypole event lol), and i volunteered to have it at my place cos weather was a bit risky. we're now thinking of having a September-Pole.....

wedding dress: well i have a slight advantage over most brides in that i was twenty weeks pregs on my wedding day *giggles* (and we're still ecstatically in love today: *kate chases big-black-wedding-thundercloud off*).

nope, i have been abysmal on the exercise front, have had about two months off... but am starting again *today*. and you?????

sarah
i tasted my first clotted cream in devon last july. yep, REAL devonshire scones. and i have to say that i am addicted. haven't had any since, and won't be if i want to fit my wedding dress comfortably again..... lol... just jokes.
fresh cream is one of life's beautiful things.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too true! I can't get it here, so it's one of the first things I go for when I go 'across the pond.'

Sounds like a lovely day. I think we need to have one of those days here.... :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Hay said...

Awwwwwww just twenty weeks Kate?....try 39 weeks lol. I didn't even attempt the dress thing (thank goodness for all those present!)

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home