kate5kiwis: i'm special, so special...

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, April 28, 2007

i'm special, so special...

i just had a mamma's afternoon out (sans kids).

i walked in to the beauty therapist's room and was greeted with fresh white towels, lilting music, a faint scent of jasmine, and an hour later i walked out with legs waxed, eyebrows shaped like catherine zeta jones' (oh how i covet those brows) and eyelashes dyed blue-black, thanks to a voucher from a bride.

as i approached the car, i realised that i was humming that song in my head.

but wait, there's more: i went s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g. can't have a mamma's day out without a trophy or two: to celebrate the day, i found this divine french provincial candle for my dining table, and a few fake olives (sounds naff, but they look yummy: i am trying to persuade M5 not to take a bite... remind you of any wax apples, Dad??)
at a third of their original price, to stack up on the plate that we bought last weekend to commemorate our anniversary.

it's all very autumn, yet with a hint of sunshine.



i think i could get used to this lifestyle...

5 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Oooooo, sounds like such fun!

11:17 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I keep joking that I should dye my eyelashes. They are so light that when I don't have mascara on everyone thinks I am tired. I didn't think they really did it! How long does it last?

Congrats on a day at the Spa by the way, I just love those days :).

11:39 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

beach mama
it's my first time, here at corwin's
movie line, which i may've quoted wrong...
anyway, my friend louise tells me that it lasts about a month on blonde eyelashes..... so i guess that's what i have to look forward to: no mascara smudges on my pillow for four weeks !!!!!!!!!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, that does sound relaxing. I have never been to a spa but it is on my list. Isn't waxing super painful though?! I am such a wimp!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had a fine and danty time
you all do look grand and beautiful
so pleased you had an enjoyable time

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home