kate5kiwis: *singing* LeFou, I'm afraid I've been thinking -- a dangerous pastime, I know --

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

*singing* LeFou, I'm afraid I've been thinking -- a dangerous pastime, I know --

When Hubby and I were first married, we listened to a talk by a mustard seed guy who had done a wee survey of nonagenarians (people in their nineties, see i'm educated lol), and the question he asked was:

If you could live your life over again, what would you do differently?
and their answers came to these:
1. risk more
2. reflect more
3. do more things that will live on after i'm gone.

That's not my total philosophy, but I do find myself coming back to it.

Barb asked this question yesterday:
So what would you do as a job if time and money were no object?


and I found myself *thinking* this out loud:
well, i have been thinking and dreaming a bit about this over the last few months:
i'd pop the whole fam-damily in a plane and head to the sunny south of france and hang out there for a year, just living. the kiddos would go to the lovely little village school and learn to speak french fluently, and hubby would have a happy job in the nearby city - or not - and i would walk around the village buying all sorts of baguettes and petits pains aux chocolats and drinking little bitter coffees and chatting to all and sundry and generally *being* french.

one day, when the kiddos are *all grown up*... if we still live in NZ, i wouldn't be able to settle for just one job.
i'd like to juggle being a doula, making sparkly things, being a coffee barista, a chef, and working in a wonderful place that smells nice.
well, i do most of those things now, so hey, not much of a lifestyle change, huh :o)

Go on then, close your eyes and float a balloon or two...

11 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

You know my dreams....I love to hear yours.

Definitely gonna *reflect* more.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Phara said...

You should enter that hobby dream over at decor8...she's having a contest. Plus, you've been tagged...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

You're such a dreamer (that's a good thing!) Hope you can make some of those dreams come true; some of them you already are! I need to get my dream-o-matic out and dust it off a bit.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God there's still wonderful dreamers like you around! :) The world needs more like you.

What would I like to do? Take my family to Australia and NZ to visit family & friends. Have The Hubby teach with his best friend in NZ. Or, take off to Scotland and settle in a small village (even a hamlet) in an old stone cottage and live the quiet village life.

I'd love to try working in an old-fashioned sweet shop, filled to the rafters with sweets and the constant comings and goings of children. (Once our daughter is grown, of course :))

3:38 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

I have just toasted this post with a Pernod;-) We NEED to meet one day!

6:42 PM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

hmmm my dreams - well you know me.... I want the world (and a job as a Chef - with my own book and TV show hee hee ;) - although I am only mostly joking!!)
A job with food - inspiring people to cook and bake (especially bake) with a passion. To make extravagant food, that would bring out the 'Foodie' in everyone!
One day my friend, one day.

7:32 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

You appear to be living most of your dreams already. You just need to work on getting to the South of France ;).

Right now all I could dream of adding is travelling the world a bit more. I miss taking trips out of North America and there is so much to see.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaite I have found the perfect place, Normandy France in a littel town called Louviers!
..........dream, dream dream dream!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

Praise the Lord that dreams are FREE!
You may very well make it to the south of France......
WE have friends (no kids of course ;-) who are about to embark on a SIX month trip round Asia, Europe and some of the middle East. WOW! I told them that if they happened on a FAB place in Italy with potential "buy it!!" and we'll move over with them and THEN we could have holidays with you in France!
Hmmmm.... the JOb thing......I too would have a hard time just choosing ONE. Though teaching wouldn't even rate......

12:57 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

girls, girls, girls!!!!!
thanks for floating your balloons. i feel so privileged to hear your dreams. i have a friend who says that dreams have a funny way of coming true when we write them down.
so i am toasting our dreams... with an ice cold corona. X

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Babe,
I love your ideas - and, Lordwilling, I will take you to France. We can drink red wine by the Seine, eat baguette outside the Louvre, and take time slowly - the way life is meant to be.
I love you now and always.
F

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home