kate5kiwis: ready freddy

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, July 18, 2010

ready freddy

so i was just about to post a big huge check-off list of all the shizzit i've been engineering to get ready for the onslaught of The Big Skool Restart, which shall include parent interviews and ERO and my appraisal. not to mention three science experiments in the first fortnight with fire and toxic chemicals.

shoot me now.

anyway, the list was all about my massive wardrobe reorganisation and the garage huck out and pantry and nefarious bottom drawer sort (ohk, i paid raych to
do those last two) and de-flea-ing the cat and even the mortgage we took out at the supermarché this morning. jeez those kids can eat! and that's only half of it. i feel like i'm staging an assault on a small country.

but then i just checked my emails and there was one from My Techno-Guru floss, which was a reply to my cry for help in teaching my Soft Materials Technology sewing class:
i got into trouble. my year 7s found Mrs Boss's Fabric Stash and sneaked into it during the last class while i was frantically helping kids finish off boxer shorts. actually i was saying things like, “just give it to me and i’ll overlock that seam, i really don’t care how it’s sewn at this stage.” (need tips: we have 15 hours to sew a sample, a drawstring bag, and a pair of boxer shorts. oh, some kiddos managed it, and even finished a sock monkey in that last hour – no pics – oops)
anyway, there’s always SOMETHING i forget to do – left a machine unthreaded, didn’t pick up ALL the presser foots/feet off the floor, broke a needle, one bobbin case missing.
never mind, i have another term to get something right…. X


floss's reply email, entitled Organisational Tips:
Bwahahaha you must be kidding. It's TECHNOLOGY, it's the most disorganised curriculum in the country. All that free choice and follow your bliss and design briefs make for chaos each and every day of the week. You really only have one option...get rid of Mrs Boss. Stage a hostile takeover and force her to retire to Winton, Southland where her organisational skills will be appreciated. I have to tell you this... I did a section in Winton, Southland and thought I was being helpful when I folded the freshly washed tea towels. BUT I folded them wrong and my associate patiently refolded them all the correct way. Mrs Boss would be beloved down there! luv ya xxxx PS Sometimes, near the end of term, if I have a really slow class, I just give up the rush and finish everyone's final seams for them at lunchtime.


so instead of zooming off to clean out the fishtank, i burst out laughing and decided to b-r-e-a-t-h-e. actually, i need a new mantra. something like CHILL THE FREAK OUT AND STOP ALL THIS RIDICULOUS PANIC ABOUT THE SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS WITH THE TOXIC CHEMICALS.


2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I swear to God I am hyperventilating!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh you're gorgeous... we should start our own school, it would be so much fun. Chaos every day and everyone would go home smiling. Tomorrow will be perfect... just you wait. xxx

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home