kate5kiwis: ominous anonymous

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, July 02, 2010

ominous anonymous

funny, in the four whole years i've been safely blogging, i've only had one unsettling comment. oh, and one robot spam, which is why i use word verification. actually, i feel so safe out here in the wonderful wide web that i even set up a class blog for a group of kids last term. it's closed now. and i've rejigged my facebook profile too. cos this wee message just popped into my inbox, unsigned:
ah, but here you are:
(all hail sitemeter)

uh, this is my diary ya'll. and it's the last day of a ridiculously long term. please don't make me feel so vulnerable - if ya scribble a lovely insightful note in the margin, sign it. i ain't gonna bite.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he was a very naughty boy and just needs a smack bottom! I think you gave him one a big fat cyber smack! OUCH. No hiding there! xxx

10:11 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'm always proud to put my name into your comments box. :-)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Sitemeter scares me. Word verification keeps me from commenting on some blogs, sometimes. Bother. But I'm never anonymous. :) xoxo

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Jacinta said...

Hello ... just waving *hi*. Hope you're having a great weekend ;)

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Hay said...

Wow, cool cyber tracker thing. They are in Auckland, shall I hunt them down and kick their arse?

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not attempting to be ominous, I was attempting to be honest. I'll reply to all the other posts here. Sooznooz, naughty boys as you put it do not post compliments, they post insults. Steve it has nothing to do with shame but I have my reasons. A mix between Laura and Hay, sitemeter does not work. The time zone and city are both wrong. Jacinta I have no reply to as it is completely unrelated. I'd also like to reccomend you don't find my post unsettling as anonymous does not mean malicious. Although yes the internet is a very dangerous place and it is very easy to find out many things from it.

8:14 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

well anonymous, of course i find your chat unsettling - you tell me that i know/knew you, yet you won't reveal your identity. then you pop back to tell me that the internet is a dangerous place.

i agree that sitemeter is a bit off - i use the freebie version and it tells me i live in palmy, which i don't.

anyway, have a happy week, and if you fancy a coffee and a bit of a reminisce, you know where to find me X

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To answer you, you know me. You taught me earlier last term, multiple times I believe. Im 14 currently, the kid who acts loud and social yet really isn't at all. And btw Im commenting the internet is a dangerous place because ur right about it and it's something I've had hammered into me since I first started using it, making me more internet savvy than many, why else would I use anon? I don't want people knowing who I am online. Anyone can read it. So I remain anon, for safety.

9:27 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

lol anon, there are lots of kids who act loud and social. and there are lots of kids who leave their fb walls wide open for anyone to find them. it's a bit like finding a teacher's blog, i guess.
which makes me wanna password-protect skool stories here. i shall have to think about that. but not tonight, i have spent eight saturday-hours at skool marking science fair projects. bwain dead X

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home