kate5kiwis: it's time to hack this perfectionism off at the knees

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, July 19, 2010

it's time to hack this perfectionism off at the knees

well, i am totally ahead of my guilt trip because i got up at the crack of dawn and made dinner and folded washing and sat on the bike pedalling and reading the listener and huffing out paragraphs to danger for twenty minutes yes i did and then i went to skool and hyperventilated through the ERO prep and then i wrote a whole lot of shizzit for ERO about my mahvellous ICT programme yes i did and then i read through woozie's eleventh hour art history essay and offered mindless shizzit helpful suggestions yes i did and then i even brought my boys home from skool after they arrived on the bus and then i biffed the crockpot shizzit into the oven and drank a glass two or three glasses but who's counting? of wine yes i did. i am not sure i am cut out for this wohm buzz.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

That would have been a good week for me.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I love your word shizzit. I did a lot of shizzit today as well, on very similar topics to you.

wohm = which word combo of working and mothering? (I bet I'll like that too when I find out).

You know, once you have done this year, you will never have to be a first year teacher again. NEVER. Remember this wonderful Katie Skatey because I think nothing has ever been as hard workwise for me as my first year teaching. And no matter what extremely *interesting* challenges come my way at work now, I always know I can stick it out and achieve something somehow because I made it through my first year.

I suspect the parents will love you Katie. Science experiments form the bestest memories of class room life for kids I think. I (not a natural born scientist) can remember lots about the science experiments we had at school and nothing at all of anything in science which wasn't an experiment.

I haven't folded washing or finished my shizzit for tomorrow because I would much rather be reading blogposts from YOU! But I have made coriander hummous for tomorrow's lunches.

ok, shizzit time.

Sandra

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing my friend and deserved the diffusing of the shizzit. ( liquid form)
Today I didn't work out of the home - I stayed home and enjoyed my home - I am off work with a sore foot and leg and back and I still had to deal with the shizzit but somehow it was easier.
x

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely off-topic comment coming in here. making some virtual relationships. Kate, and I have to call you that coz I know why you chose the word Katie and it's so not right, you have to know that Sandra-on-the-soapbox is the only person in the whole wide world other than my mother who calls me by My Full Name. And she should call you Kate too. Coz she obviously believes in you as much as I do.

Oh, and we should tell her that this is the second time you're being a first-year-teachuh!!!!! It's just this time you know what you don't know - last time you knew you already knew it all!

Feel free to delete the comment if ya wish!

Love
Rach/Mrs Bear/Rachaelxx

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Rachie!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home