kate5kiwis: hey, teacher!

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

hey, teacher!

i'm in a classroom full of gorgeous 12 year olds... all week... today i had a really great day, but i'm wondering how it is that schizo weather ---> schizo kids? like, wondering if someone's done a research thing on this... cos, today... sunny = happy... cloudy = bored... stormy = totally hyper... so weird, uncle scar.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

interesting

I recall that preschoolers in kindys are also suppose to be like this

I didnt realize it was also common in older children
however I suppose it could very well could be

I suppose it could all boil down to the fact that they cant get outside to let off their pent up energy at intervals and lunchtimes

10:01 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I've noticed the same with animals - well, certainly cats and dogs. On stormy days our cat would be an absolute demon.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Hay said...

...leave those kids alone! Yeah, on my playlist at the mo. Um, groove on baby!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We had no windows in our room when I was teaching, but I could always tell the weather by the kids' behavior. There are the usual ups and downs in the day, but rainy days made for a weeeeeeeird, low-energy vibe. Good day to get music playing somehow.

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, as a mom to twin 12 year olds I so get what your saying.

and I will send you LOTS and LOTS of groove-vibes...

*~*~*~*~ (sent!)

2:58 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

You're a groooovy chick, so you should do fine!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't they just fabulous though? I can't imagine ever teaching any other age ever again, I'm totally in love with them. So much energy, so much fun. One of then yelled "I love you Mrs Smythe!" when I was walking across the playground the other day. I guess it doesn't ount tho when it's your own son LOL

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey and if you think the weather has a bad effect, wait until spring and teenage hormones kick in at the same time during the 4th term. The year 8's go mental! And their teachers go bald.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home