kate5kiwis: head in the clouds, aka saving on psychoanalysis bills

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, March 20, 2010

head in the clouds, aka saving on psychoanalysis bills

i'm a blue skies person. i just feel so good on a sunny day. two christmases ago, my brother gave Bulldog a book about clouds, which insists that we banish "blue sky thinking", that ...life would be dull if we had to look up at cloudless monotony day after day... and i am finally persuaded that there is something totally amazing about clouds. after today's siesta, we lay on the trampoline, cloud-gazing, and Bulldog taught me this really cool trick: pretend you are looking *down* on the clouds. it sounds funny, but after about twenty minutes of lying there, we simultaneously found that it really feels like you are...

5 Comments:

Blogger Catching the Magic said...

I love that idea! And it's a neat, chilled activity to do with my gals when I am desperate for a sneaky nap too!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yeah I've tried that and felt rather vertigious... like I was afraid gravity was going to suddenly stop working...

10:11 PM  
Anonymous BeachMama said...

Wow what a cool concept, looking down at the clouds. I will have to try it next time we have a nice cloudy day. I do agree with you about the blue skies though, I will take those over gray clouds any day.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

what a nice time you and your hubby had :)

when I was a child I thought that the clouds were another land and people lived on the clouds :)

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this - I need a cloudy moment!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home