kate5kiwis: So, I'm wondering why housework has suddenly become SO appealing?

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So, I'm wondering why housework has suddenly become SO appealing?

cos i have a day off today - and had sorta thought i might totally chill out and watch a wee chick flick and do a bit of pre-school planning (you know, incase i actually get a job with little people that lets us choose what we learn rather than panickedly following someone else's lesson plan which makes absolutely no sense to me and so i completely stuff the whole thing up and end up apologising to the kids. more than once. and it makes me look rather fraudish. but who cares? cos we has such a lovely trip up the garden path. well i thought we did. not sure the kids were convinced. there's a heck of a lot of twink on those pages.) and perhaps sew something while drinking endless espressos, but INSTEAD i have washed clothes, towels, floors, bathrooms, AND cooked tonight's dinner, AND tomorrow night's dinner, AND even the next night's dinner:
AND raspberry muffins.
AND i made myself some scrambled happy eggies
all before two o'clock. and i am not even pregnant.

11 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

Wow. I'm impressed. Want to come cook for me?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

wow you go girl :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Hay said...

rockin'! apart from the housework, ick!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I like the sound of Friday, can I come for tea on Friday?

The word verification is auxided, that actually sounds like a real word... it kinda describes how i feel on a Friday. Totally auxided.

xxx

7:01 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Sounds like you've been channelling the Domestic Goddess... she occasionally takes possession of me too, believe it or not.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous rb said...

Well, she never takes possession of me. Wish she would.

Actually that sounds rather kinky.

I had the same scrambly lunch but I didn't do any housework. I"ve been painting (as in decorating painting, not portrait or landscape painting). Oh it is such fun and I make so much mess.

I keep wondering if I should go for it one last time - pregnancy I mean - before it is too late.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how that happens. You are so organised and put this little flower girl to shame ---

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Chavah said...

I feel the exact opposite today! I've had 2 of these days this week though so that's my excuse. Well done supermum :D

7:06 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Wow, that's wonderful! I had a bad day today as far as getting stuff done but that only means tomorrow will be better. ;)

1:43 PM  
Anonymous BeachMama said...

Wow! Look at you go! You always amaze me Katie so I am not surprised that you spent your day off organizing the family and home.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Well, I'm not surprised - the feeling of getting one's home organized and cozy is unbeatable, and come the next rushed morning, it's nice to be able to find things.

You go, Kate - homemaker extraordinaire!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home