kate5kiwis: couch plonking

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, January 24, 2010

couch plonking

we're having such a long, glorious, indulgent and luxurious summer. it's all about the sunshine hours, decadent food offerings, and my personal cocktail waiter.

my gym subscription finished three months ago, and since then i have been for a grand total of four runs around the block. my sneaky suspicions about becoming a faht luhmp (the h's make those words sound like i have a posh blighty accent) were confirmed this morning when i coughed up eleventy billion bucks to hop on the scales at... the beloved gym. yep, i decided that i am naff at running and need gym classes to trick motivate me to moooove. cos five nasty kilos have wound themselves back around my expandingness, and i have 4% more body fat than three months ago. plus, my abs are not P!NKish at all.

but it's not all doom and gloom. it turns out that i can swap carbs from my dinner plate for a glass of wine...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mm like that idea bout substitutions. I think I will try that one - don't worry my friend - you will be 5 kilos lighter in no time and it's only numbers

2:03 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Spuds or wine? Hmm. That's a tough choice...! ;-)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Carnies said...

hhhm, i was thinking that should be whine, but maybe that's what happens if you keep the pohtaytoes on the plate and do away with the wine? x go the wine x

11:39 PM  
Anonymous rb said...

Cutting out wine doesn't work. Believe me - I was drinking stacks in December and I haven't drunk anything for 23 days now. And have I lost weight? No! I am eating the same stuff. So don't bother.

Beer is not good for weight.

I am sure that just doing the exercise will be enough.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

I can't believe you are soaking in sommer. I'm living on the wrong continent!

Good luck with those, um, runs.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home