kate5kiwis: sweet little angels for my sweet angel-girl

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

sweet little angels for my sweet angel-girl

this little *angel quilt* is for you, R13.
i've finally finished it...
(while you were zzzzzzzzzzzz)


i started sewing it about eight years ago, when you were just a little-big-girl, and your favourite thing to do was dressing-up, and you slept in the littlest bedroom with duck-egg-blue walls and a frilly austrian blind made from calico and edged with blue-and-white gingham.

i thought i'd better finish it pronto...
you have angels watching over you, my girl.
"For He will give His angels charge
concerning you,

to guard you in all your ways."
Psalm 91:11

all my love to you, today and always
Mummy
mwah X
PS in the morning i'm going to ask you if you'd like a few mother-of-pearl buttons sewn on, from my collection...

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Eight years ago? Now THAT is perserverence. And well worth it. What a treature that is!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That is an awesome quilt! Applique? I've always wanted to try applique... but it scares me. I'm sure your daughter will love the quilt!

4:58 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

amber
no, i haven't been sewing it for eight years: i started it eight years ago... and it has been on holiday in my cupboard for most of the interim.. i was originally gonna give it to R13 for her fifth birthday.. but.. NO!!! so i thought i'd better finish it before she leaves home lol.

melissa
it's actually super easy, cos ya buy this stuff called vliesofix which is kind of like a double-sided-sellotape but it's a material and it sandwiches between the fabrics and sticks them together. easy peasy for blondes like me :o)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

Hey Kate!!
Love the quilt! Well done for getting it all finished. I'm sure R13 will treasure it for life! It's very cool and so reflects what you were into when R13 was 5. Am loving keeping up with your little family.

9:26 AM  
Blogger LeighLeigh said...

Oh well done you! The longest I have worked on something was a year - and that was pre kids, and pre Grant - actually pre life, so a year wasn't too harmful!! It was that big cross stitch which I did for mom, and still hangs in her lounge. She said I can have it when she dies - but I am not sure it's my favourite!
"You asked me once when I fell in love with you, and I replied - it was while you were sleeping" Name the movie - one of my favourites!

3:02 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

D.S.M. lauz
this is turning into quite the TBC/ex-TBC party lol

leighleigh
too many clues...
i did actually have the title of that movie within my original post, but changed it cos it was too cheesey lol
i *love* joe junior's little phrase about "leaning"...

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet and precious gift for your DD. I used that same Psalm on the invitations to our DD's Baptism.

Sarah :)

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, quilter! I knew you could do it!

Love

B

9:33 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

Gorgeous!!!!
K8 has chosen "angels" as the theme for her quilt so she's gonna love seeing this one. Might have to steal a pattern;-)

Don't ya just love finishing things!!!!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angels around your bed little darling... angels around your bed....
This is beautiful! I love it!
Suz

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home