kate5kiwis: français friday

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, October 13, 2006

français friday


This, then, is my last unwrapped memory of Paris.
Hubby and I found a delightful boutique during a wander around
St-Germain-des-Prés.
It was like stepping into another world:
très français, oui.
Les parisiennes were so helpful, offering to "wrrrrap zis geeeeft" etc.. I found a gorgeous nutty candle for Greg and Em, and a tealight candle-holder with the word
amitié(friendship) for us.
And then I spied two funky bright red espresso cups with candlewax inside: wow... two of my vices all-in-one. Couldn't resist. So that's what's hiding inside le cadeau. I'm thinking I may put it under the Christmas tree, and savour
l'expérience then...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

You have a lot more patience than me...wait until Christmas! That's like....for-evvvv-eerrr! ha!

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate - the memory is always the last part of the pleasure. N.

10:48 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

tulip
when you live there, we might be living there too...
that would be so grand.

and i promise we'll come round for baguettes and fromage and general hilarity :o)

and your hubby can tell us his funny french stories about marie and chérie.
and my hubby can add his weird frrrench accent and a leeetle je ne sais quoi.
ok?? :o)

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home