kate5kiwis: hi, i'm katie. i make stuff.

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, June 06, 2011

hi, i'm katie. i make stuff.

it's been a whole year since i started teaching part time. i think (after the epic four months that was cinderella) i'm coming up for air. we've just had a loooong weekend complete with skool ball (totally magical), and instead of marking maths/science tests, i found a little moment to *make stuff*. and i even coerced fab fullahs
to *make stuff* with me.

i've been thinking about recovering the dining chairs for quite a while now - they've already had one resurrection ten or fifteen years ago - i got some more old curtain samples the other day and voilà - le transformation:

uh huh, each one is unique

but actually, in the daylight, the blue links them all to each other, a bit like a family, yeah.

those flowers are for me'n'him X

7 Comments:

Blogger Nova said...

oooo cunning! LOVE the chairs!

8:49 PM  
Blogger debra said...

I loves the stuff you make, K☆tie!
I wore the necklace, bracelet and earrings you made me to my daughter's graduation in NYC. Love, love, love it!

12:23 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I love how they are all unique -- and yet go together.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

LUURRVE what you've done with your chairs...clever lady!!
HOpe you've recovered from the momentary madness.....onto mid year reports huh!?

3:56 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Fabulous crafting Katie. I am soooo impressed with the joy in your days.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

They look nice! Don't know that I'd tackle redoing chair cushions, but ya never know!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have been missing you my sweet. I love that you have been finding time for you and making "stuff" again. xx They look very french too Trè chic!!! xxx

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home