kate5kiwis: the fifth and sixth day of christmas (actually i think that should be a capital C)... some long-overdue apron prettiness.

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, December 06, 2009

the fifth and sixth day of christmas (actually i think that should be a capital C)... some long-overdue apron prettiness.

these have been a long, long time coming. Sarah sent me the fabric waaaaaay back before uni started, because she and her daughter were cutting some apron strings upon the occasion of Little Miss Cupcake going to skool... but i was having a wobbly and could not find my muse.

i thought i might find it here:
but *ack!* next to each picture there are these strange and unfriendly things called "patterns" with destructions like ENLARGE PATTERN PIECES 409%... and the resident mathematicians were road tripping and rock climbing. so i decided to fabriKATE it myself, from my head.

no jokes, please.


so we ended up with this complete beautifulness, if i say so myself.



yes, we have mummy-and-daughter-matching-aprony-goodness. right there.
(confession #1, woozie and do i share our wardrobes, although we try not to wear matching outfits these days.)(confession #2, i bribed mick with a candy cane to wear the little pinky apron. he minded less that the candy cane is also pink.)

the aftermath.

and oh how i love my timing: cos it turns out that NZ POST's last international posting day is tomorrow, which means that Sarah and Little Miss Cupcake should get them before Christmas!

PS the general rule is that we hide the selvedge, but i absolutely could not resist this wee sparkle, which is dancing along the hem of sarah's apron:


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KATIE!!!! They are fantastic! Gorgeous! Splendiferous!! Oh me oh my!!!

They have our *names* on them!!!

Miss Cupcake will freak out in delight when she sees hers.

I am crying because they are so beautiful and special.

Thank you!! :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

It's Sarah the tote-maker! How gorgeous you've made them and your blanket stitching is perfickly perfect. I know ALL about that book and it's evil enlarging... thankfully I have a photocopier at school that I can just push a few buttons on... I've just about given up on books that require that sort of nonsense though :-)

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I love these to pieaces and really really want a pretty apron for Christmas. BUT I am not going to do that to my Katie because I know her brain.
I will just admire someone elses and maybe look for some fabric, perhaps I could be brave and get out the machine myself. You are an angel doing this for your friend. Her and her daughter will love them. How incredibly special! xx

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness it must be Sunday afters _ I just at my grammar!!! UG soz!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I am in awe of your constant creativity!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

Love.

8:25 AM  
Blogger debra said...

I just came across some aprons that were my Mom's and my Grandma's. They are wonderful. I love the fabric and the retro styles. And that they make me smile :-)

1:43 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

so FEAKING cool! Those lucky girls will be squeeling x

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home