kate5kiwis: why is housework so interminably boring? and where the freak is mick's other school shirt? and why is the whiskey bottle getting so empty?

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

why is housework so interminably boring? and where the freak is mick's other school shirt? and why is the whiskey bottle getting so empty?

facebook has all but killed my blogging mojo. i think it's because there are eleventy billion people on there that i know/used to know/think i know, and they are all chatting day and night and i am all chatting back and it's way more instant than blogging cos there is always someone online which is really awesome when i'm avoiding housework by sneaking into the sparkly vampire movie for the second time. gosh it's so convenient that the kids are happy at skool! stuck at home avoiding the housework. cos the p'liceman exam supervision job ended on monday and now i am all freakity freaking out about popping back into various unsuspecting friends' classrooms with the excuse of finding my classroom mojo, but really i am just avoiding the housework. and is there anyone out there who is/was a school reliever? cos i need some serious tips. pronto. cos i found a book all about it, but it was sixty bucks and included a billion of those incredibly mind-numbing worksheet things which are not part of my psyche. let's throw some paint around.

anyway, thankfully there is still someone under our roof earning the big bucks a dollar fifty.
he is currently holding the equivalent of three hundred and ninety two sudokus (is that the valid plural of sudoku?) in his head. otherwise known as the School Timetable.
which is all about squishing seven hundred odd kids, fifty odder teachers, and who knows how many subject choices into a rather small space.
which equals a lengthy sequence of ridiculously late nights/early mornings and several large whiskeys a large headache.

which is also why i have drawn the short straw with the housework. perhaps if i promise the kids a putting up of the tree after the big huck out? cos i can hardly find my bed again. and mouse has only one school shirt. i know there is another one around here somewhere. maybe it's on facebook...


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a plan with the housework. LISTS!
I write one at the beginning of the day,
It has been working the list has been looked at and the jobs done and the person who did some work got some $$$ and now is smiling. Bribery and corruption - the only way.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous rb said...

Housework???? What is this housework?

I need to do some too actually. I never do any. My house is disgusting. I probably have your sons' shirts actually - there are stacks of shirts under Harry's bed. Are they pale blue with ink stains on?

It's funny you say FAcebook has killed your blogging mojo because I have concluded (oh dear been doing too much work - concluded is not a comment box word is it?) that Twitter did for mine. Back in the summer I was very distracted by Twitter and I was getting no writing done at all and it was stressing me out - work stuff and blog stuff. Then I kind of quit Twitter and lo and behold I am writing so much again. And I am much happier now I am piling through the work and back into blogging.

But I don't regret the Twittering and I am sure I'll have another phase of it or Facebook at some point.

So just go with the flow. Something will make you jump out of it at some point.

Could you get a cleaner???? I am pondering doing so!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Not saying you don't but I actually like doing housework now that I love where we live. That's what works for me. Having the radio on helps. The kids do have to contribute.

As far as the blogging, I like it for writing longish stuff. Plus I keep hoping to develop a larger audience that is more than just my friends and family. I got seriously off track with our house move but there's always next year...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I hate spreadsheets. They scare me. If you come and handle my spreadsheets I'll come and do your housework.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home