kate5kiwis: The Beach Boys

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Beach Boys

there's something so inspiring and free about taking your lunch to the beach, and clambering up the rocks and just sitting, alone and together, gazing out towards the wild blue yonder,
and going off on your own rock climbing adventures, and then mountaingoating it down to the sand, and running, laughing, down to the water and putting your hands in without soaking your shoes, and getting sunshine in your eyes and wind in your hair and salt up your nose...

6 Comments:

Blogger Hay said...

Oh quiet you, dweller of the gorgeous golden sands and beautiful blue skys...are we really only a days drive away? I sometimes think I've moved to a different planet! Luv Hay - of the hurricanes and hills (and I don't mean the rugby team ;o)

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful
roll on summertime :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Phara said...

I love the beach...even if it's kind of chilly. Just the sounds put me in a better place.

12:20 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

You are making me so jealous. If only we were that close, I would promise to at least look at the ocean every single day. For now, I get to stare at the country side and at least appreciate that I live in the suburbs with farms only a five minute drive away.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Mmmmm, I feel relaxed and happy just reading this....

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAR 5 KIWI'S:

I AGREE. THE OUTDOORS ARE SIMPLY IMCOMPARABLE.

YET, I WOULD STILL GIVE THE AWARD TO THE HIGH MOUTAIN SIERRA'S.

THEY ARE SIMPLY THE MOST BREATHTAKING OF SITES.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home