kate5kiwis: PANIC! at the Disco

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Sunday, December 03, 2006

PANIC! at the Disco

Last night my vegas-va-va-voom-vampire-chick Mel and I went to her boss' fortieth party.. she had her gorgeous dress made for her... and she wore this luscious wig. (Mel is taking orders for jewellery... just LOOK at that necklace!!)




We danced and danced the night away..
I knew all the teeny-bopper-tunes...
BUT YOU, MEL, KNEW ALL THE WORDS !!!!!!!!

Just before pumpkin hour, as I was boogying on down, my "disco ball" pendant flew up and smashed a hole through my right lens.. and suddenly my eye was full of glass..
so we had a trip to A&E and various drops squirted in.. and glass slivers removed.

How infuriating, it's the second pair of glasses I've smashed in three months.
So now I am blindly trying to make a carefully considered decision between just getting some more specs..
or getting THAT surgery
... and trying to stay away from disco balls in the meantime.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you both look hot chickies!!!

and I had THAT surgery, best thing ever

5:38 PM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Ouch! Hope you are feeling better, it sounds awfully painful.

Beautiful party girls!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Oh, Kate, it does sound painful! SOOO glad your eyes are okay! I know someone who has gotten "that surgery" as well, and loves it. I just wear contacts, when I can. I'm too chicken for the surgery, yet.

1:03 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

You look fabulous.

So sorry that you had a trip to the A&E. I know a few people that have had the surgery and swear by it, but I am a chicken and probobly wouldn't do it myself.

Congrats on knowing all the tunes ;)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

A fun night of dancing until... I'm glad you had the fun part to remember. I know two people who have had the surgery and don't have any regrets but that they waited so long. I'm glad your eye is all right.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I like Panic! at the disco :P
I just noticed the title ;)
*is observant*

Hope you get your glasses fixed :)

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home