kate5kiwis: Captivated by Narnia

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Monday, April 24, 2006

Captivated by Narnia

We've had such a lovely holiday-day.. we splashed and dived and swam and soaked in the saltwater hot pools, and then took hot chippies to the park for a late lunch.. then home for make-your-own caramel sundaes. Now the cherubs are all snuggled up watching the very fabulous The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. All seven chronicles are such a part of our family's life, from hubby's and my childhood, and our kiddos childhoods, re-reading the books all snuggled together in the lounge on wintry nights, and now we've fallen in love with the world of Narnia all over again.. Andrew Adamson has done a fabulous job of the movie, I think C.S. Lewis would've loved it.
S8 and M4 with their beloved "teddy" and "beddy" - the necessary items for movie-watching.

Go on, take the Narnia Test..
I'm Susan:
"As Susan, you are mature and respectable, yet with your 'motherly' role you can be quite bossy. Still, you can always be trusted to be loyal and faithful."




Hubby is Prince Caspian:
"As Prince Caspian you are a noble, goodhearted but mischievous scallywag! Fun loving, you are admired for your easy going nature."




Ah, a definite ring of truth (though I’m not sure about the “mature and respectable”) !!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger mtnmama said...

wow. that's what we did yesterday! after our eart day outing we made a HUGE pot o popcorn and watched Narnia. i had heard not so great reviews - but honestly i thought it stuck to the book fairly well. (it has been years since i read it though...) love the intensity on the faces! beautiful kiddos!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog Katie!!! It is so fresh and lovely...just like you my friend. I agree with your take on narnia ..the film! I adored it, I was taken away into that childhood place, slipping into comfortable shoes.
love you
Suz

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, we have been so enjoying the movie here as well!
And... you're thinking that instead of "mature and respectable" you're "Quirky" right?! hehehe... well that's two tests now... *LOL*

I'm glad to *meet* you, and your kids! Thanks for leaving me a note. Your family is lovely, and I'm adding you to my blogroll so that I can return!

blessings to you and yours~

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home