kate5kiwis: like a record baby round round

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

like a record baby round round

ah september the first
here you are again with your
tantalising scents of sultry sands
just behind that waking dream i
plop my michelin manness
upon the white elephant and
pedal pedal pedal
in hopes of whittling winter from
my waist counting revolutions
resolving to turn wine back
into water while twee
lines form in my head
memories of my baby's first
21 septembers and fozzie bear
laughs laughs laughs
at the morning radio chorus
lightening blue peeps in
whisked back window organza
the magic minute finally appears
we sleepily swap places you
on the bike and i in the sheets
and i notice a big jumble of
shoes shoes shoes
all over my wardrobe floor
which is strange cos i've worn my
docs every single day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

"resolving to turn wine back
into water" - ha ha! My wife is with you on this one!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I have to try to whittle *before* winter.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home