kate5kiwis: birthday girl

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

birthday girl


yep, it's my day. far out. thirty seven today. have had a *smashing gorgeous* day. all-day sunshine and two birthday cakes and lots of laughter and love. feeling reflective about the date though. a little melancholy. a bit "ish". thirty five was such a milestone, you know? became an adult. reached the mid-life. took my extra earrings out. got my first tattoo. ha. now it's sliding a bit downhill. rehashing my youth. my twenties. perhaps it's just winter blues. gonna get some sunshine in two weeks. heading for the motherland. england. france. my brother's wedding.
gotta make some jewellery before then.


ok, S8 has just put wild thing on for me...
wild thing, you make my heart sing.
you make everything groovy.
wild thing, i think i love you.
right then, now i've got visions of hogman at school talent contests..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, you most fabulous and gorgeous specimen of womanhood, you! I never gave you my speech today or folded it into your card, so best I plaster it here for all the world to see, as my first ever comment on a blog - *ever* ;o)

When I think about Kate, I think of beauty, of fun, and of the funkiest chick I know. I think about summer days in the middle of winter, and snuggly warm soup days in the midddle of summer. I think of her fabulous kiddo's and of the always effervescent Fraser, and how she draws on their love and adoration and returns it all mummy'ed up and weaves it into their memories forever. I think of hair and make-up days, of nails all ashimmer and the tastiest of treats in the picnic basket I've never had and will always envy. I think about how empowering it is to be around her and how I always feel a million bucks after spending time with her. I think of espresso and biscotti and chocolate coated coffee beans, I think of cinnamon flavoured candles and movie lines for Africa. I think of talking through the movies and debriefing with nibbles afterwards and walking along The Strand at night. I think about reading library books while waiting for drama to finish and of getting texts through the rugby. Mostly, though, I think of that all-encompassing smile, the way it tells you you're special without her even opening her mouth.

Thanks for all that you are and all that I owe to you and your family, and thanks for letting me call you my friend. Deb xoxoxo

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope the day is amazing! :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger mtnmama said...

happy birthday gal! i wouldn't hash out the ol' mid-life thing too much. sounds as if your kiddo still thinks you're a pretty hip mama if he put 'wild thing' on for ya! i don't think you can feel old until your kids start commenting on wrinkles and such. hope you have a blast today and in the MANY MANY dancin' years ahead!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Ms. Mamma said...

hey Kate- Came here via the fabulous Dana's blog and wanted to say happy birthday! You look great and have a super day.
Heidi also a fellow 37-er

5:12 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Happy Birthday! from another fellow 37-er, but only for a few more weeks!

4:53 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

wowee zowee
all these thirty seven year olds, coming outta the woodwork lol

Deb: i have had a lump in my throat ever since you wrote me all this lovin' stuff. wow. you make my heart sing. so glad our paths crossed. and i told ya that hubby's macho cover is completely blown since one of his workmates found him choking back tears at his computer screen, reading your comment.. love love

Dana, Heidi and Barb: thanks for the wishes. you chicks rock. love your blogs :o)

mtn mama: from one dancin' queen to another.. *you* girl, are an inspiration to me!! .. and "the book" is making its rounds to the girlfriends now lol xx

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home